Sign in to follow this  

ok can somebody say what i have to do and use to start making an new aircraft?

so i can start building the B2 Spirit

3D studios Max and Photoshop would be a good start, but then again I just got those recently, and am not a modder, but those two would definetly be worth investing in.

EDIT: The following link offer's great tutorial's, they do indepth into what's involved. http://forum.combatace.com/index.php?automodule=downloads&showcat=30

Edited by Atreides

ok can somebody say what i have to do and use to start making an new aircraft?

so i can start building the B2 Spirit

Marcello is already a fair way into building a B-2.

Blood, sweat and tears.

Seriously though, like Atreides says, 3DS max and either Photoshop, Paint Shop Pro or The Gimp will certainly get you a far way into building your own aircraft, mapping them and then skinning them. Be prepared for a long haul though, it can take a while depending on the complexity of the aircraft you may wish to build. In this case, the B-2 Spirit could be deceptively difficult. Although looking like a fairly simple airframe, I imagine trying to get the curve and flow of the fuselage just right would take a while. It could be worth trying to start off building very simple, low poly objects and airframes. In actual fact, building weapons starting off is a great stepping stone, they are more simple than aircraft and turn out to be a much smaller work load.

Once you're all modelled up with your aircraft comes the importing stage. This will include optionally building a correct pit for the bird and doing all the necessary ini creating to ensure your aircraft behaves and operates correctly in the game.

Have a look at TK's exporter notes and mustang's 3d modelling tutorials, they are goldust to any new modeller.

Edited by bibbolicious

Yesp, I was tinking about getting THE MAX but I can't do it now. My first project would have been thin 3D layers of overcast clouds with holes (local transparency perhaps) and a good cloudlike texture skin -- place as moving ground object but it will be raised high in the air above ground ... like the antennas high above the AM radio tower in the DBS terrain. I had already picked my first "training" aircraft as MiG Ye-152M; very simple geometry. Basically just a tube and thin almost 2D wings. Yak-19 might be another "trainer" aircraft.

Fastest Single Engine Jet ... the 3rd MiG picture down ~> http://www.aerospaceweb.org/question/performance/q0248.shtml

Although this fascinating article does make a run on the bank....

The Ye-152 was based on the earlier Ye-150 and both were developed as improved versions of the MiG-21.

That's like saying the Mirage IV was an "improved" Mirage III. :clapping:

Edited by Lexx_Luthor

That's like saying the Mirage IV was an "improved" Mirage III. :clapping:

Yup, just as the F/A-18E/F is an "improved" F/A-18C/D. :wink: