Sign in to follow this  
irati

Helicopter Guns

Since there are so many Helicopter Models for download and the FM is improving. I want to know if it's possible to make an automatic aiming main cannon for Helocopters. The OH-6 model which is in the Download section has two Soldiers on the back seat armed with assault rifles and the AI controlled choppers aim at targets automaticly. So is it be possible???

It is possible but I only got it to target aircraft.

So it doesn't work on Ground Targets? How did you set the gun to aim at aircrafts?

So it doesn't work on Ground Targets? How did you set the gun to aim at aircrafts?

I think the gunners were set up the same as turrets on bombers.If I understand things correctly turrets/flexible guns can only target Aircraft.something to do with the game engine i think.

Guest capun

Yup, the only work as defensive gunners. No ground targets

BTW,the OH-6 gunners are totally "white".Is there any skin for them?

Guest capun

Search for the answer, if I am correct the gunner skins need to be put in the correct folder

have a way to put the gun like a bomber gunner?

and it can attack ground objcts?

the apache have one pilot and one weapons officer in the first seat, so i guess the pilot doesnt designate his target

have a way to put the gun like a bomber gunner?

and it can attack ground objcts?

the apache have one pilot and one weapons officer in the first seat, so i guess the pilot doesnt designate his target

In this series, guns that are mounted on aircraft, and that are designated as "flexguns", are for defensive purposes only. As such, they cannot be controlled by the pilot, and will only target other aircraft.

Conversely, weapons mounted on ground objects can be designated as having "Air_and_Ground" capabilities. Hence, they will be used against any enemy aircraft or ground object that is within that weapon's (and its tracking and targeting system's) range.

BTW,the OH-6 gunners are totally "white".Is there any skin for them?

copy the skins from the OH-6 "aircraft" folder to the helicopters skin folder "vietnam"