Sign in to follow this  
Atreides

Harrier Campaign by JSF_Aggie Question

In the readme he has stated that there need's to be a clean SFP1 only install to be able to install the Campaign, I have SFP1 only installed but, with all sort's of addon aircraft's, effect's etc, What would happen if I were to proceed with the installation as is, as opposed to another clean installation ? :dntknw:

Edited by Atreides

I thought one major reason was that the terrain is modified so that standard SFP1 campaigns and missions will not work.

I thought one major reason was that the terrain is modified so that standard SFP1 campaigns and missions will not work.

Yep. Same with WOV and WOE. I'm not sure about AC though. Wouldn't the AI find the TW MiG-21s and MF MiG-21s the same?

There are three potentials for conflicts:

- My changes to the terrain will brake the default SFP1 campaign, because airbases were removed from the stock desert terrain.

- I included a modified Nations.ini that has Dhimar and Paran added. If you've done something with yours, the changes will be overwritten. No changes to the squadronlist.ini were made

- This installs the weapons pack. However, it does not include the modified _data.ini's for the stock aircraft that normally come in the pack. If you haven't already installed the weapons pack, you could have issues with both stock and 3rd party aircraft not having any weapons. This is because of how the AttachmentType is defined in each aircraft's _data.ini, for each station. There's much more in the knowledge base about this if you're not already familar.

If you can work around those, you're fine dropping it into your current install. My request that a seperate install be used is primarly to keep me from trying to track down someone's problem, when I have no idea what they have in their install.

Hookay, created seperate install, one more stupid question, do I need to patch the new install or anything or am I good to go to install the campaign ? Sorry for the noob like questions.

Edited by Atreides

Hookay, created seperate install, one more stupid question, do I need to patch the new install or anything or am I good to go to install the campaign ? Sorry for the noob like questions.

It must be patched to v08-30-2006, or you'll have no chance of it working.

Read throught the README again to be safe. It tells you exactly what to do to install it.

Edited by JSF_Aggie

It must be patched to v08-30-2006, or you'll have no chance of it working.

Read throught the README again to be safe. It tells you exactly what to do to install it.

Going through that right now, Thanks. Hey, can I use the ehanced explosions 2 pack by CA_Stary for the Campaign ?

Edited by Atreides

Going through that right now, Thanks. Hey, can I use the ehanced explosions 2 pack by CA_Stary for the Campaign ?

Yes, just install them AFTER the Harrier Campaign executable. Otherwise they will be overwritten by Deuces's effects when you run the exe.

Just as I thought, wanted to be sure. Wow, your 2048x2048 skin's are great, had to slim :biggrin: them down a bit as they were bringing my PC to it's knee's. Your campaign rock's :clapping::ok: And the installer that you used make's installation a breeze (wish more people used it). Thank's so much for all that you've done with regard's to the campaign and for the help offerred. :yes: Really enjoying it. Cheers.

Just as I thought, wanted to be sure. Wow, your 2048x2048 skin's are great, had to slim :biggrin: them down a bit as they were bringing my PC to it's knee's. Your campaign rock's :clapping::ok: And the installer that you used make's installation a breeze (wish more people used it). Thank's so much for all that you've done with regard's to the campaign and for the help offerred. :yes: Really enjoying it. Cheers.

I second that. I'm running an f-14 campaign now.