Sign in to follow this  
alex70b

StarForce issues

Thinnking of upgrading to FC but unsure of what the starforce drivers are doing.

Is there anybody that encountered any problems with starforce security on Flaming cliffs ?

Thanks.

Alex. :rolleyes:

I disagree with it from a philosophical standpoint, but I have had 0 technical issues with the download version.

I completely understand your point but,what can i do if i realy want to try FC ?

I'm afraid there's no choice but to go and buy and install it with that disagreable piece of software called StarForce.

Or am i Wrong ?

:angel:

It's simple, if you want FC then SF is part of it. There's no choice except if you buy it or not.

Of all the SF titles I've had, FC has been the least problematic.

You may have a different experience, of course.

So, are you saing that you had some problems with SF on FC but not as much as with other titles ?

Or, is it no problems at all ?

Now i understand that most of the negative PR made by SF is mostly by other titles.

Going to install it and hope it'll be OK.

Thanks guys. :clapping:

Well I installed FC and played for awhile and then CTD.

I thought it's supposed to be CTD proof.

And one more thing which is strange i think. Even when SHADOWS are set to FULL i'm not getting any shadows from AC surfaces on the AC itself.

Can anyone explain this one.

Full shadows are fuxored in FC. They have been since nVidia's 68 series drivers.

Not to be a negative nelly on his one, but I'm on the other end of the spectrum. FC simply would not work at all because Starforce would at first detect burning software on my computer (even though I wiped them in advance). After that I it would tell me that my disc wasn't a legitimate copy and that this could be an error, so it recommended a re-install. That was just an act of running in circles. It was directly after attempting to install this that my cd drive slowed to a slug's pace inexplicably.

...but then I bought War on Terror a fortnight later, still feeling a bit wary of using Starforce considering how difficult it was to clean it off my system. Any yet it worked perfectly! Go figure. :blink::dntknw:

Ruggbutt,excuse my english but what does "FUXORED" mean ?

It's internet speak for f**ked up.

Is there any way to get rid of it ?

Or, what to do to avoid it crashing,laggin or doing any kind of damage ?

:dntknw:

Edited by alex70b

Yeah, SF's lack of consistency as to who has trouble with it is another problem.

However, my first SF title was SC: Chaos Theory and I had no end of troubles with it. Once I finally got it working, I started getting other SF titles. FC and GTL are the other 2 I think. I only have 3 total since my X3: Reunion released a patch dumping SF. Anyway, those other 2 never gave me any trouble, but of course that could be because the things I did to get SC:CT working also resolved any potential issues with SF. :dntknw:

I had to buy a DVD read-only drive. It hated my RW drive, so now I have 2 optical drives in my system.

Ironically, certain SecuROM games hate that reader but have no trouble with the RW drive... :crazy:

I had to buy a DVD read-only drive. It hated my RW drive, so now I have 2 optical drives in my system.

Ironically, certain SecuROM games hate that reader but have no trouble with the RW drive... :crazy:

It sounds CRAZY man.

Starforce can be a nightmare. :fie: