Sign in to follow this  

I was wondering why the MiG-21F that Thirdwire uses for AI has skin problems. For example, I downloaded the Iraqi F-7B off of Major Lee's website, and it worked great BEFORE I put any patches on. Afterwards, the weapon positions, decals, and the skins were all screwed. I was wondering how to solve this problem. I fixed the weapons and the decals, yet the skin itself is what makes the plane look really good. Otherwise, you get a mix of the skin, black,and white/grey background. :dntknw:

I was wondering why the MiG-21F that Thirdwire uses for AI has skin problems. For example, I downloaded the Iraqi F-7B off of Major Lee's website, and it worked great BEFORE I put any patches on. Afterwards, the weapon positions, decals, and the skins were all screwed. I was wondering how to solve this problem. I fixed the weapons and the decals, yet the skin itself is what makes the plane look really good. Otherwise, you get a mix of the skin, black,and white/grey background. :dntknw:

Did you check to see if the INI has that skin still? And if the folder is still there?

Hi pilot :biggrin:

Take a look into knowledge base. There is Wrenchs fix for your prob, I think.

http://forum.combatace.com/index.php?showt...18346&st=40

Scroll down on post number 58.

Good luck :clapping:

EDIT: there is new gerald14s F-7 beta pack: http://forum.combatace.com/index.php?autom...p;showfile=5461

Try it :yes:

Edited by kukulino

You need to use the latest "Soviet Silver skin", as the lod's mapping has been changed, as well as all the data ini stuff.

Please, do take a look in the Knowledge Base, all your next questions are answered there...I'm just.....

anticipating the next ones :haha:

Wrench

kevin stein

Thanks guys. I gonna try this. I will post a pic if this works! :good:

Appearently, one, I am stupid ,or two, I have a very stubborn game. This still hapens.

post-18157-1194661472.jpg

Any advice or ideas? :dntknw:

Appearently, one, I am stupid ,or two, I have a very stubborn game. This still hapens.

post-18157-1194661472.jpg

Any advice or ideas? :dntknw:

That skin is based on the early patches, and the new ones are different. There is no way to fix that ( I think I am not sure if any

one tried too). Only if you make a new skin with the new skin fixes. Try out my Skin Pack and Fixes I have in the downloads.

Then you should have them fix. I am not sure about the skin you have on the picture.

you can easily fix this

simple add in your F7 folder

MIG-21F.LOD

MIG-21F_LOD002.LOD

MIG-21F_LOD003.LOD

MIG-21F_LOD004.LOD

MIG-21F_SHADOW.SHD

you can easily fix this

simple add in your F7 folder

MIG-21F.LOD

MIG-21F_LOD002.LOD

MIG-21F_LOD003.LOD

MIG-21F_LOD004.LOD

MIG-21F_SHADOW.SHD

great then!

And all that info is already in the Knowledge Base...in the loadout fixes thread. About the data ini, decals ini, and lod fixes.

Please, fellas, lets try using that first; I've spent literally hundreds of hours going over more than 300 aircraft, trying to get things all set up...all you need to do is look for it.

Oh, and btw, the F7 series is in the works by a well known, superb group of modelers/modders

Wrench

kevin stein

Thanks dudes. I appreciate your time and work. :good:

I downloaded the original game to another computer. Then I downloaded the SFp1 extracter utility and I extracted the original LOD files for the MiG-21F. Now the aircraft works like a charm. Only thing wrong was the weapon placement, yet that was easy to fix. Thank you all for the advice and your time. :good:

Edited by cgold

I'll post a pic later on. Feel the need... :cool:

Sorry this pic is in an art file form. I am on a computer that won't let me change the file type.