Sign in to follow this  
Dave

Boo Boo of The Day

So I am sitting in the Command Post. One of our AWACS takes off. He calls us and tells us his airborne time. In turn I send an email to the chain of command letting them know. Well when you set up the email it looks like this for example:

SENTRY 62/0005/AIRBORNE/2314Z

But this is what TSgt Slavens did:

SENTRY 62/0005/AIRBONER/2314Z

Man did I get calls about that. All of them, from full birds Colonels on down were calling me to give me crap over it. All them laughing their asses off and me very embarrased. Spell ckecker is my friend.

So I am sitting in the Command Post. One of our AWACS takes off. He calls us and tells us his airborne time. In turn I send an email to the chain of command letting them know. Well when you set up the email it looks like this for example:

Man did I get calls about that. All of them, from full birds Colonels on down were calling me to give me crap over it. All them laughing their asses off and me very embarrased. Spell ckecker is my friend.

Not to self. Don't get based at Tinker and be an E-3 pilot when Sergeant Slavens is on duty.

Edited by JA 37 Viggen

I'll sleep better tonight just knowing I'm being protected by TSgt Slavens. :good:

Won't we all? We'll be reading this all over the web soon.

Oh I am probably not the first who has sent it out like that and not be the last either.

Given what they might have done or not done on the mission, you might have had it right afterall. Remember, I've been there:)

U.S.A.F.M.T.L. See... that's too hard so pronounce. Too many syllables. Think I'm just gonna call you woody from now on. Its a lot easier to say. :smile:

Beautiful, just beautiful, you brought a tear to my eye mate.

When I was working as a Network Analyst at Canada's largest E-Commerce company, I sent a report out regarding a major service outage, the company had a 24/7 operations dept which was managed by the shift manager, the report that I sent out was emailed company wide, very well written except wherever I'd mentioned shift manager I'd missed the letter F, so every paragraph had a bold s**t manager. Never heard the end of it.

Misspelling?... I think not.

That my friend is a Freudian slip if I ever saw one! :rofl:

And this is how WWIII starts........................... :biggrin:

This is how the world ends...not with a bang, but with a...stiffy?

Guest 531_Ghost

So, as I read this, there is a SENTRY that is 62 years old / with 0005/ of his 72 virgins in the AIR with a BONER/ at 2314Z? GOOD ON YA BUD!