Sign in to follow this  
Major Lee

ATT...

Better have my DSL hooked up by the time I get home today... :dntknw: Hopefully I can get my new Zoom 5651 configured tonight and be online at the house. :good:

May cable internet is so much a faster than DSL. I had DSL for awhile but still seemed slow at times.

Compared to dial-up... oh man... I might even be able to fly online :yu:

Curious, how come you didn't get cable?

Where I'm at in NH, DSL is MUCH cheaper than cable by like $40-$50/ month.

The DSL I have is only $24 per month. Cable is something we decided was not on our priority list. We have too much to do, even without it. Compared to the cost of cable along with everything we didn't want that comes with it, it just does not seem like a good value... If/when we can get cable carte blanche, we will give money for what we want, just like any other product or service.

DSL in Memphis is superior to Cable. I'll be switching back soon.

DSL in Memphis is superior to Cable. I'll be switching back soon.

I am guessing that it all depends on the carrier then?

Where I'm at in NH, DSL is MUCH cheaper than cable by like $40-$50/ month.

Which part of Manchester are you in? I'm on the north end (just off 3A) and we tried Verizon DSL (Fios isn't available in this section), but it would always cut out, so we went with Comcast.

Which part of Manchester are you in? I'm on the north end (just off 3A) and we tried Verizon DSL (Fios isn't available in this section), but it would always cut out, so we went with Comcast.

I'm down near Eliot Hospital. It's not so much that it's not available, but we don't want all the stuff that's required to have in order to get the cable. Right now we have basic cable at $20/ month and barely watch it. Last I checked, the Comcast cable/internet package was like $60/month.

I am guessing that it all depends on the carrier then?

Its Comcastic. :fuk:

I'm Mr. Boombastic say me fantastic touch me in my back she says I'm Mr Ro...mantic

Ah, we had DSL, but it was a dry loop, and always disconnected. But luckily with my work schedule i can watch my show (or at least DVR them), plus the roomate and g/f watch it when i'm not around...

Cable sucks.

I had Comcast for about three months because Verizon DSL wasn't available at the time. I had nothing but connection issues, terrible tech support, slow speeds. It was a nightmare. Then, one day the mail box had a flyer from Verizon that said DSL was available and I called em as soon as I got in the house. A week later my DSL modem arrived, got it hooked up and the minute I verified I was connected I called Comcast and told em to shove off.

Our new house is wired for Verizon Fios fiber optics....it blows Comcast out of the water. I can download a 4 gig file in less than a day. The same file would have taken at least a week on Comcast. Fios will be carrying TV soon, and as soon as they do Comcast is getting the boot all together.