Hi pilots, modders and .ini gurus :yes:

I read some topics about Mig-23 cocpits. Conclusions were:

1. Su-17 pit

2. Su-15 pit

Su-17 is closer to Mig-23 pit (my opinoin). There is no big radar scope in Su-17 pit (there is one little under gunsight, in Su-17 pit for flogger versions).

Look here:

http://www.richard-seaman.com/Aircraft/Mus...ig23Cockpit.jpg

This is Mig-23ML pit. There is no radar scope. Mig-23ML has radar. But it is correct, that there is no radar scope in ML version. Info about target is on HUD:

http://www.defencetalk.com/world_military_...er_20041109.php

scroll to avionics.

So it is hard to make new cocpit. Much harder than plane model.

On the other hand, we have good Su-17 pit for Mig-23 series. So what we need to make new HUD for Floggers (without radar scope in cocpit)?

I can try contact czechoslovak flogger pilot for info. But I am not sure that he send me his answer :dntknw:

(I am planing add faffs/chlares dispensers to floggers, there is topic about that:

http://forum.combatace.com/index.php?showtopic=23007

We are still working on Mig-21MA/R series. Next step are floggers. Adding faffs/chlares are simply .ini edits. And I have workable flares/chaffs for Su-17: http://forum.combatace.com/index.php?showt...mp;#entry109326 post number eight)

This is just idea. I will be happy for any interest on this :biggrin:

Greetings from rainy Central Europe :hi:

Edited by kukulino

Actually, maybe if the radar screen and that thing left of the gunsight in the MiG-21MF pit would be moved out of sight I think we would get a proper looking MiG23 cockpit, however then you have a radar problem, in mig23 it was projected onto the hud, I don't know how would that be sloved :dntknw:

Well, we need KNOW-HOW from Mig-23 pilot for good info about its avionics. Some photos, drawnings and HUD guru to make new Mig-23 HUD values.

Thanx for join Brain32 :yes:

Edited by kukulino

At 2:18 gunfire

At 4:00 lock on target

Probable Mig-23 HUD :dntknw:

Guest Saganuay82

Might be a HUD but that has to be in a simulator.

Might be a HUD but that has to be in a simulator.

Yes, looks like sim. Is it close to real HUD? That is question :blink:

The problem is that you cannot project radar data onto the HUD glass in this series. No range gates, target symbols, etc.

The problem is that you cannot project radar data onto the HUD glass in this series. No range gates, target symbols, etc.

Hi, Fubar. Can you explane it closer, please?

Why we can not project something similar like HUD values and symbols on F-16 to HUD Su-17? I do not understand this prob.

If there is not way to do it, this means old cocpit with all old functions, or new one.

Edited by kukulino

We can display a radar and IR target box (once a target is aquired). But, the range gate and target return we saw in that video won't appear, or rather, won't work, as it cannot be projected onto the HUD glass due to the limitations of the avionics code (avionics60-70.dll). The gunsight is easy to do, though.

This means that there is no target range is projected on F-15/16 etc. series HUD?

The game engine isnt capable for soviet avionics.. you can get a Target Designator Box, gunsight and range readout .. and thats about all.

The radar function of the HUD ( displaying the contacts and their info ect ) cant be done .

Guest Saganuay82

Oh I don't know about that Crusader, I think you should ask Moonjumper about a statement like that.

This means that there is no target range is projected on F-15/16 etc. series HUD?

The range-gate is the vertical bar that appears to the left side of the Mig-23's HUD in that video. As Crusader states, we can "project" a digital range readout on the HUD, but not a working range-gate.

Oh I don't know about that Crusader, I think you should ask Moonjumper about a statement like that.

"There is no MoonJumper at CA.... believe me !!!!1"

:grin:

LoL

isnt Crusader Moonjumper?

\o\ this MJ in signature is very suspect O.ô

Guest Saganuay82

No I don't think so, I think he said MJ meant "More Jam" awhile back.

its a possibility :blink:

i guess i have another clue...

some months ago before meet the CA, im Simqh forum, in Moon jumper signature was something + or - this

Moon Jumper

Crusader

Jolly Jumper

i can be wrong but i guess O.ô

anyway, sorry to change the trheat \o/

Edited by Silverbolt

Doh M.J. obviously stands for Michael Jordan :biggrin:

Edited by Brain32

Well I have only 2 photos of working hud

DB017.jpg

mld23hud2pz.jpg

Oh, poeple, your english is big league for me :biggrin:

If we can make some things from Mig-23 HUD, is it better than Su-17 original pit with radar screen?

What do you think about that?

I think yes. What about you guys? :yes:

Edited by kukulino

Well I have only 2 photos of working hud

DB017.jpg

mld23hud2pz.jpg

Ooooooooh, ArtuR looks great!!!! THANX, THANX, THANX!!!!!

P.S.: what about fuel tanks for Mig-23? Did you find some good model in weapondata.ini?

Edited by kukulino

Oh, poeple, your english is big league for me :biggrin:

If we can make some things from Mig-23 HUD, is it better than Su-17 original pit with radar screen?

What do you think about that?

I think yes. What about you guys? :yes:

I guess so but you can get some HUD data from Marcfighter's Su-27 and make a new one from different HUD's like (F-15 and F-16) to match it.

I guess so but you can get some HUD data from Marcfighter's Su-27 and make a new one from different HUD's like (F-15 and F-16) to match it.

Hi gerald, my friend :biggrin::clapping:

Nice to see you :yes:

Wow, you have good idea, I think. But I do not understand any HUD data :blink: Is it hard work?

Inprovisation is our very good friend :cool:

Edited by kukulino

If you are making a new one then yes it is but making changes to one is kind of hard.