Sign in to follow this  
tmdgm

Timing for WOI?

Not sure if this is well known yet, but giving my wife a christmas list and wasn't sure if this would be out by then.

Not sure if this is well known yet, but giving my wife a christmas list and wasn't sure if this would be out by then.

Every one is waiting for something new in the spf1 jet universe. And of course every one of us (at least me :biggrin: ) want it and wait it as soon as possible.

For my part i bet on a release sometimes before christmas.

Edited by Murphy'S

Well, as I recall, GM's (with distributors) usually ran between 2 - 6 degs. BTC. All the Fords were 10 BTC

:rofl:

Back on topic, I'm hoping for christmas time, too!!

Wrench

kevin stein

its already in christmas time!

a bit more than one month to TK release the FE Expansion and WOI?

Every one is waiting for something new in the spf1 jet universe. And of course every one of us (at least me :biggrin: ) want it and wait it as soon as possible.

For my part i bet on a release sometimes before christmas.

Well I was ready for the release as soon as it was announced! :biggrin:

its already in christmas time!

a bit more than one month to TK release the FE Expansion and WOI?

The FE expansion is already out.

Check here.

Well, as I recall, GM's (with distributors) usually ran between 2 - 6 degs

My 'vette is supposed to be set at 8* but runs much better with about 12* initial.

LOL, no one has said "2 weeks" yet...hehe, oh wait, I just did... :rofl:

Edited by Bulldog

My 'vette is supposed to be set at 8* but runs much better with about 12* initial.

Did you remember to disconnect and plug the hose running to the distributor's vacuum advance cannister, prior to setting the initial timing? You'd be better off running the recommended initial timing, and then having the distributor recurved so that all the centrifugal advance is in by 2100 RPM.

LOL, no one has said "2 weeks" yet...hehe, oh wait, I just did... :rofl:
lol the two weeks thing was said 4 weeks ago by some other guy lol!

If I remember right, when C5 got his vette, it's a mid-80's version (yes??) I disremembe offhand, but some may NOT have the vac advance, in which case all the advance is controled via the PROMs look up tables in the PCM, via the software. In that case, you'll have to -here's the fun part- locate and unplug the brown/white wire for the EST/ESC feed to the computer (floor, pass side???), to drop the timing back to initial. Adjust as normally done :wink: Plug wire back together, clear codes.

I DO remember the mid-70s to early-80s used a thermal vac switch to NOT allow vaccum advance until the engine reached full operationg temps. Then, half the time they didn't work anyway :rofl:

This is, of course, assuming a 'factory' setup with the stock manifold, Rot-chester carb (can't even count how many computer and non-computer controled 4Ms I'd rebuilt!!)., and all emission controls are "intact and in an operating conditon" (that straight from the Calif Smog Techs Manual)

Vetts still Rule, though!!! -- Most freightening ride of my life was in a 69 L-88 427 Tri-power...got it sideways on the little sidestreet by the shop, which curved around (of course, opposite the directing I was sliding in...just from standing on the gas. Backed off, and straightened right out. Gottaa love posi!!! :ok:

As to recurving ... if it's EST, then get the Hi-Po Proms. Gads...I can actually remember USING a distributor machine to check advance curves...I must be old...... :sorry:

Wrench

kevin stein

Don's 'Vette is a 1974 (C3), L48-powered automatic. The '74 L48 sported a vacuum advance on an old-style point-type distributor, and 8.5:1 compression.

Don's 'Vette is a 1974 (C3), L48-powered automatic. The '74 L48 sported a vacuum advance on an old-style point-type distributor, and 8.5:1 compression.

Rgr that, though its no longer a true L48, having a new cam, heads and intake (the heads bring my comp. ratio closer to 9.5:1).

:ok:

The only substitute for horsepower is....

MORE!!!!

Wrench

kevin stein

So, what is this mystical WoI? Wings over India? :crazy:

Wings over Indiana....lol

Wings Over Iowa

Wings Over Iceland

Wings over Idiots? You get to drop bombs on large groups of protesters against things like cruelty to amoebas.

Wings Over Ieels

they have snuck onto land and we must bomb them!!

landeel.jpg

......as the thread continues to degenerate......................

Actually, Wings Over India might be interesting from a historical perspective. :idea: