Sign in to follow this  
tmdgm

Russian cockpits for 50's/60's planes?

Was going to get around to trying to use a russian cockpit for the mig 15/17 and 19. What russian cockpits are available for 50's 60's era planes I can use. I know of the mig 21 cockpit where the cockpit closes when you start to taxi. I think there's an Su-7 cockpit somewhere? Any others?

just the avaible cockpits are from Su-15, MiG-21, the MiG-21 of Mirage Factory, and Su-17

and thats all... pehaps the Su-27 has one too

Was going to get around to trying to use a russian cockpit for the mig 15/17 and 19. What russian cockpits are available for 50's 60's era planes I can use. I know of the mig 21 cockpit where the cockpit closes when you start to taxi. I think there's an Su-7 cockpit somewhere? Any others?

Well, man, this is old question. Look here: http://forum.combatace.com/index.php?showtopic=20797

There is Su-17 cocpit in download section, no Su-7. It comes with Su-17 model by Armourdave:

http://forum.combatace.com/index.php?autom...amp;showfile=89

We are using this pit fo Su-7 and Mig-23 too.

P.S.: we have special Mig versions in download section: Mig-15BS (SB), Mig-17PF, PFU, Mig-19P, PM. They are not original models, but improved originals. They are good for every Mig fan here :rolleyes:

So we still haven't got Mig-15/17/19/23 cocpits modelled. It is too hard work :cray:

Edited by kukulino

Don't forget the pits for Yak-9 series...nice non-radar equiped, with Cyrillic lettering, metric displays, blahblahblah

Good for the Yak 9, 9ut, La7, La11; I haven't tested it in any of their early jets (Mig15, La15) though

And as always, the Sovi-ick green repainted Skyhawk pits

As for the Fishead pits, you can always stop the canpy animations with a simple ini edit.

Wrench

kevin stein

ops sorry...

usualy i dont play with soviet, but i guess i see the YAK-9 in Korean Aces campaing

oh, and one question, somewone remember one MiG-23 cockpit with flanker Flightstick and great green textures??

i see it some months ago, i guess in a died topic

Edited by Silverbolt

You mean this one, for 27??

mig27_pit.jpg

Unfortunately, it's no longer available, and cannot be shared in any way, shape or form due to ownership 'questions'

Sad,too, as it's a great pit.

Maybe, one of these days, some talented modder or ini tweeker will be able to do this, either as a full, new pit or using "moves" and reskins to recreate it.

Wrench

kevin stein

Well I use this:

MiG-15 - repainted A4 black cockpit - found here

MiG-17 - repainted F-100D green cockpit - found at Marcfighters

MiG-19 - I use MiG-21F13 cockpit

I whish somebody would made real cockpits for those, they don't look complicated(no radar,fancy HUD and electronics) but I know as much about 3d modelling as I do about Pakistani basketball championship so I guess I don't know what I'm talking about :biggrin:

Oh, Wrench, I know nothink about Yak-9 pit. Is it new mod? I haven't got Yak-9 with cocpit in my Korea instal.

To Silverbolt: I do not heard about that cocpit :dntknw: but as I see, Wrench knows it :rolleyes:

Edited by kukulino

My mistake, fellas...it's from the Yak 3 -- so damn many installs with so damn may mods, it's hard to keep trak!!

yak_pit.jpg

With a little ini editing, mostly to positoin (has to be adjusted for each aircraft), it's usalbe on the 3RD, 9, 9UT, 15, La11, possibly the La15 - if you repaint the coolant gauge to read 'EGT' for the jet pipe temp.

The gunsight is also part of my mod, from the Pappa Romeo EAW sight pak; Soviet PBP1.

I'd also reccomend having a look at Lexx_Luthor's thread at the 3rd Wire forums...'Stargetic Applications of cockpits' or something like that...some very interestering things there!

Wrench

kevin stein

Star-getic :clapping:

Wrench::

Stargetic Applications of cockpits

hehehe ... I guess it could be generic cockpits strategically applied across many models.

For now, I am only doing stargetic aircraft relevant to SAC vs PVO, the LeMay years, but this assumes some TAC aircraft will play a role also, and maybe some stargetic NAVY planes, and possibly RAF (Mossie and Vulcan!!). But I have done one special request, and when I run out of SAC/PVO stargetic aircraft, I'll explore A-Team's and others' WW2 aircraft.

I sometimes use the WOE Hunter FGA9 cockpit for the MiG-15 and MiG-17. If you have Razbam's beautiful F2H Banshee model, it makes for a particularily nice MiG-19 cockpit! They may not be completely accurate early Soviet cockpits, but they are light years ahead of the repainted A-4 pit.

mig27_pit.jpg

Unfortunately, it's no longer available, and cannot be shared in any way, shape or form due to ownership 'questions'

Maybe, one of these days, some talented modder or ini tweeker will be able to do this, either as a full, new pit or using "moves" and reskins to recreate it.

Wrench

kevin stein

That's sad indeed, that's a great pit! I could even see with some tweeks using this for the F-7's (radar being in the right spot).

mig27_pit.jpg

Wrench

kevin stein

Looks a lot closer to the real MiG-23 than the Su-17 one.

Mig23Cockpit.jpg

BTW,I saw that in Marcfighters site there is a great Su-7 cockpit,but,when I intall,nothing changes.Why???

For the Yak-9,MiG-9,La-11 and La-9 I use the MiG-3 cockpit.

The MiG-9 to 19 really need a good pit,as the La-15 and Yak-15.

Also,I saw on the downloads section that the MiG-27 cockpit is different...Is that one from stock in WoE?

Also,I saw on the downloads section that the MiG-27 cockpit is different...Is that one from stock in WoE?

It is using Mig-21F cocpit (this is Gepards pack). Another Mig-27 pack (by USAFMTL) is using Su-17 pit.

We are waiting for Mig-17 pit (I think it is Mig-17)!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LOOK HERE:

http://forum.combatace.com/index.php?showtopic=23360

Su-7 pit: it is F-100 cocpit repaint on Marcfighters pages, I think. Not new Su-7 pit.

Edited by kukulino

Oh,yes,you´re right!

It was very suspect,I thought I already saw a cockpit like that.

MMmmmm...The Su-7 one is a green F-100 cockpit?Probably,I saw a MiG-21 MF cockpit that was a green F-104 one.

Looks a lot closer to the real MiG-23 than the Su-17 one.

DUH!!! Excepting it was designed for a Mig-27, NOT a 23.

follow the thread...the 23's project their data onto the HUD glass, not on a dash mounted CRT. In the pic you posted, look at the size and thickness of the columinator/reflector glass...hell of a lot bigger than a 'normal' gunsight.

The tweek we're using now (in the Mirage Factory Floggers) roughly simulates this, but as stated elsewhere, it really can't be done properly. (I'm sure somebody will find a work around similiar to what we have, but not right away).

As for the cockpits at Marcfighters, they date back to the origins of SF..they're simply repainted stock pits. AND, you'll still need to extract the relevant cockpit inis to make the adjustments to the pilot positons, as they're just a bit off (I don't acually remember it the cockpit inis are included --been too damn long!) Not to denegrate the original builder, but we've learned an awful lot since then....in adjusting views, angles, positons and avionics tweeks.

There are times I think we know more of what's going on 'under the hood', than TK does!!! :wink:

As the Mig-3, all my WW2 soviet stuff has been converted to the Yak pit. As to the Feather, using the Yak3 pit works just fine, as it's 98.6% closer than anything else. Remember, historically, the Feather is just a Yak 9 with jet engine shoved into it.

Wrench

kevin stein

MMmmmm...The Su-7 one is a green F-100 cockpit?Probably,I saw a MiG-21 MF cockpit that was a green F-104 one.

F-104/100 and A-4 pits were good alternative cocpits for Mig-21 before great Mig-21F/PF/PFM/MF cocpits came into download section.

Gerald14 use F104 pit for some versions Mig-21Bis in his new Bis pack.

http://forum.combatace.com/index.php?autom...p;showfile=5495

Edited by kukulino

What about this pit for Mig-19P/PM:

SE.jpg

It is capuns Super etendart. Radar is on right side (in Mig-19PM too). Need some changes because radar is AG only.

Mig-19 site in polish language

Edited by kukulino

just add the data in the data ini for the spot that says radar

don't even need to do that....just have use the existing FarmerD/E avioncs ini, and transfer over the radar bmps

btw, it was FoxMonter's original aircraft and cockpit. We (Dev A-Team) just finished it off.

Wrench

kevin stein

What I'm using for La-15 and MiG-15, -17 F/PF/PFU, -19 S,P,PM: scroll down ~> http://bbs.thirdwire.com/phpBB/viewtopic.p...0&start=128

For a general releace, we'd need permission from DogSabreTeam, ArmourDave, and Wrench. Below we apply the same stargetic :wink: concept to Pasko's Yak-25 model...

Yak-25M-3.jpg

Yak-25M-2.jpg

Edited by Lexx_Luthor

That typo is gonna haunt me forever.....

As to permissions, USAFMTL was on the SabreDog team, and he said he didn't care if we tweeked it for the Corsair NF; AD's pretty much left the community (real life commitments, etc)....I'll have to ask the other moderators/owners of the site if we can consider the Fitter Pit as 'abandonware', and start putting this together. Also have to see if I can't find the original readme for the Su-17, and see if there's anything in there about fair usage....

Failing that, I guess I'll have to learn to think/write in Russian and try to make some Cyrillic gauges.....

Wrench

kevin stein

Ok, quick test results....

first shot, I forget to rename the HUD tgas, but commented them out of the cockpit ini:

farmer_pit1.jpg

2nd shot, without HUD data tgas..

farmer_pit2.jpg

It does work, after a fashion. Kukulino, you just might be on to something here...

Wrench

kevin stein