Sign in to follow this  
Edward

Expansion Patch Issue

I've been working on the photoreal terrain for the new Expansion for FE and the terrain switching looks and works really well BUT I had to stop working on it until the horrible horizon fog issue is fixed. The horizon fog is just terrible. It looks so bad at altitude I had to go back to flying the old version. Does anyone know how to correct this so it looks like the pre-Expansion horizon? TK hasn't commented on this issue.

img00003_34.jpg

img00002_82.jpg

For comparison, here is what the old horizon fog looked like:

img00001_79.jpg

The new horizon doesn't look so bad at 3,000 feet but we need it to look better at normal 10,000 foot altitude.

ES

Edward

I feel your pain.

Do you also get the jagged tile edges showing up just under the horizon fog at the margins of the screen(see here)? I do not see them on your images above, but they are not taken from the cockpit. Could that be related to TIR4???

How right you are Howard the horizon is foggy and it is the expansion pk1 that has don it just tried a virgin install of the orig FE with no add-ons and that was ok

I think this is fixable now. I'll have more later but meanwhile try my Near Clear mod to clear the air. Check the CA files there are other sky mods which may work for you.

Please, please resume work on the terrain!

. . . and begin to think about the Alps.

BTW, related to issue number 1: I think that aerial battles from WW1 were fought at lower altitude.

Other than ground support, most missions I read about in books are 12,000-20,000 feet. So the horizon issue is a real problem if you want fly at historical altitudes.

I think this is fixable now. I'll have more later but meanwhile try my Near Clear mod to clear the air. Check the CA files there are other sky mods which may work for you.

Please, please resume work on the terrain!

. . . and begin to think about the Alps.

Yep that did the trick many thanks.

I would have thought ENVIRONMENTSYSTEM.INI is the file you need to look at in flightdata.cat. I Dont have the expansion to compare the values yet.

Edward - glad you have found a way to fix the tile edge lines in your terrains - are you planning to update the European WOE version?

Where do we stand with this at present...has the problem of the horizon been fixed?

Edward hope and trust that all is going well with the reworking of the tiles.