Sign in to follow this  
Silverbolt

Any History about CA?

Hi people,

well, could somewone tell me how CA start?

since the beggining :biggrin:

Yeah Dave, I'm all ears... I gotta hear this one! :crazy:

well, i guess SimHq have one article about site´s history, combat ace looks very intresting, considerating i join here in the last half of this year , and here its the Greatest site about SF series :smile:

Edited by Silverbolt

Some of you know Madjeff. This site was Biohaz Central.... and Fates can tell the rest....

Jake's Post

Some of you know Madjeff. This site was Biohaz Central.... and Fates can tell the rest....

Greatest story ever, can't wait to hear it again. :haha:

Fubar's Post

Alright, let's start from the beginning...

Well, let's see... First the earth cooled. And then the dinosaurs came, but they got too big and fat, so they all died and they turned into oil. And then the Arabs came and they bought Mercedes Benzes...

A special thanks to fubar for saving bandwidth by sharing posts with me. :rofl:

Edited by suhsjake

Well, let's see... First the earth cooled. And then the dinosaurs came, but they got too big and fat, so they all died and they turned into oil. And then the Arabs came and they bought Mercedes Benzes...

:rofl::rofl::rofl: One of the greatest movies EVER!!!

The Titan known as USAFBLTDAN was a jealous and vengful creature who coveted Bertha, the wife of another Titan who was also his sister. He persuaded the evil sorceror Fubarrista_128 to create a love potion so that he might seduce Bertha. One night he crept into her bedroom and slipped the potion into her wine, whereupon she sipped it and fell in love with USAFBLTDAN. A thunderous orgy of lust ensued, and as the behemoth's bodies crashed into each other repeatedly, it was said that thunder was invented. The get of this duplicitous union was known as CombatASS, or CombatACE in the Latin translation.

DAMNIT!...

...You know it's frick'n difficult to covertly read the forums while at work, when you guys insist on typing stuff that makes me laugh out loud...

:lol:

Edited by Zurawski

Well you know the waters are fested with all sort of creatures..............

Cry Havoc, and let slip the Aalen!

And now you know the rest of the story..........................

ROFLOL!

I Never undestand this "Cry Havoc, and let slip the Aalen!"

\o\ btw this a think may I not understandable for simple minds O.ô

Edited by Silverbolt

"Cry "Havoc," and let slip the dogs of war" comes from William Shakespeare's Julius Caesar.

Here at Combat Ace though we don't have dogs of war - we have eels, lots & lots of vicious eels (aka aalen) with nasty big pointy teeth (a bit like the Rabbit of Caerbannog). :wink:

\o/

honestely, i never read Sheakspere xD

but thanks =)

-.-. .-. -.-- / .... .- ...- --- -.-. --..-- / .- -. -.. / .-.. . - / ... .-.. .. .--. / - .... . / .- .- .-.. . -.

Edited by Silverbolt

There are many species of eels that reside here at this site-of-the-web known as CombatAce. Many have large teeth that strike fear into the infidel's hearts.

murene-5.jpg

Edited by Baghdad Bob

\o/

honestely, i never read Sheakspere xD

but thanks =)

-.-. .-. -.-- / .... .- ...- --- -.-. --..-- / .- -. -.. / .-.. . - / ... .-.. .. .--. / - .... . / .- .- .-.. . -.

It's best in it's original Klingon :biggrin:

or CombatACE in the Latin translation.

PROPVGNATORCERTAMINIS???

In the beginning, Madjeff made Biohazcentral.com as a fan site for LOMAC. The population grew as did the anticipation for Ubi's release of LOMAC.

post-22-1195006599_thumb.jpg

The site was to become a mainstay for all combat simulations as Jeff developed the motto: "Combat Sim: News and Views"

I introduced Jeff to Stike Fighters as I was a beta in the early days and he immediately enjoyed the games and its ability to be modded much easier then LOMAC. The site stayed steady but began to boom as MJ offered up free downloads to the community due to Strike Fighters and other moddable games. The workload, upkeep, and cost soon became more then MJ could bear alone. With family coming first, MJ decided close Biohazcentral.com and made the announcment to the community.

Lucky enough, there was so much community support for MJ's efforts to continue, that the site was sold and soon after became CombatAce.com.

There's alot of holes in all this information, but it's a quick synopsis of how CombatAce.com came to life.

I'll gladly take questions.

Mike

Is that what hppened? I remember finding Biohaz and the LOMAC skin downloads thinking "This is the sh*t!". I left the state for a few months and cam back home only to find the site down at which point I thought "I hate it when people don't maintain their sites, despite the great content (I just assumed it was some little teenaged dude who ran the site) and cursed Biohaz. And then a few months after that I thought I'd have a looksee to see if anything had changed and it redirected me to CA. Then I proceeded to do my "happy dance".

I'll gladly take questions.

Can you tell us Whosebeenfarteen?

DAMNIT!...

...You know it's frick'n difficult to covertly read the forums while at work, when you guys insist on typing stuff that makes me fart out loud...

I believe this guy ^^^^^

Can you tell us Whosebeenfarteen?

A silent but deadly killer who, with his brother Ivebeenfarteen, is rumored to be in hiding in the remote Vietnamese village of Long Wang.

DAMNIT!...

...You know it's frick'n difficult to covertly read the forums while at work, when you guys insist on typing stuff that makes me laugh out loud...

LOL...in the spirit of that statement:

Aerodynamic Test Series: ZUR

At first glance, one might believe ZUR to be robust, and capable of carrying a sizable payload. Sadly, appearances can be quite deceiving.

After performing extensive wind tunnel tests, we've found "Zur" to be both unwieldy, and aerodynamically unsound. Zur is often configured (or attired) in drag-inducing garb. We see no advantage in this, as the high-drag garb neither provides any appreciable lift, nor added stability.

Of equal concern, is ZUR's extremely high TSFC, which we've found to be quite unacceptable, and potentially hazardous, as it limits ZUR's combat radius in areas where the MDBLS (Mean Distance Between Liquor Stores), is greater than four city blocks. Furthermore, despite the manufacturer's claim that ZUR can be run on almost any inexpensive alcohol-based fuel, we've discovered that ZUR will fail almost immediately when run on either Night Train or Ripple. Some success was achieved with products produced by the Gallo vineyards, but this immediately had an adverse effect on ZUR's (so-called) advanced control and stability system.

In short, we recommend that the DOD refrain from purchasing any more ZUR units.

Zur is often configured (or attired) in drag-inducing garb.

:rofl:

Jake's Post

Greatest story ever, can't wait to hear it again. :haha:

Fubar's Post

A special thanks to fubar for saving bandwidth by sharing posts with me. :rofl:

Great movie. :biggrin: However, I won't see it again.