Alright...

Someone better tell me how the frick the slimers are made... or I'm liable to do something rash... like delete this fricking MV-22 right off my harddrive!

I mean it... I've searched four different forums for this info and apparently it's a secret no one has shared to this point!

:crazy:

Edited by Zurawski

I think it was sundowner that did those. Pop him a PM.

And dear gawd don't delete that... I'll fly there and get something , something on you...........

I don't do cold any more.... you won't like me when I'm cold!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :blink:

I think it was sundowner that did those. Pop him a PM.

And dear gawd don't delete that... I'll fly there and get something , something on you...........

I don't do cold any more.... you won't like me when I'm cold!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :blink:

(Zur cautiously backs away from the delete key)

Alright I'll PM him... but if your wrong, the community can thank you for the loss of the Osprey! You sir will rue the day you offered up this helping hand!

single rectangle per element, texture as you like, make sure is set for self illuminate, and make sure self illuminate is ticked on the texture rollout.

adjust brightness till satisfied.

If that's clear as mud I'll elaborate, just wanted to respond quick, as I didn't know what your lvl of frustration is. :good:

Sundowner did it a different way from the slimers as meshes, he positioned a bloody tonne of singular lights in the data.ini file into blocks around the aircraft. I'm trying to do that with the stock A-10. I would whole heartedly recommend the slimer mesh method any day.

Edited by bibbolicious

Thanks for the info guys! (Zur removes his finger from the delete key)... You just saved me a bunch of fustration.

Now... do I want to have slimers I can't turn off or do I want to spend the next six months positioing tiny lights?

:unsure:

Zur, I know that you can have slimers built as meshes that are able to be turned on and off, I just don't know how to model it. But take a peek at wpnssgt's A-10, cos he had them to work like that.

Check my Tornado IDS, Zur. It has also light meshes included, that can be turned on/off.

This is my first light entry in the aircrafts data.ini file:

[LeftPositionLight]

SystemType=LIGHT

LightNodeName=L2

CanFlash=FALSE

I´m not sure wich one it is, but that doesn´t matters. LightNodeName i don´t need to explain, i guess.

You have three choices to setup mesh lights.

1. No entry in the data file, means the lights will be ON all the time and cannot be turned off.

2. The entry like above. When you turn on lights, they will be on.

3. Same as above, but CanFlash set to TRUE. Guess what? It will flash! :biggrin:

Greets Florian

Thanks for the info and the pointers guys! Your all life savers... :clapping:

Settled on the self-illuminating nodes... worked like a charm!

... I think I hear a Beta release coming soon!

:biggrin:

Glad to hear it.

I know how frustrating it can be trying to figure some of this stuff out.

Cryptic bs and the "we're keeping that to ourselves" crap doesn't help.

And besides, I'm sure I'm gonna have to pick one of your brains on a few things coming up.

And another thing since were on the subject of sharing,

You know the pre-WOE huds that everyone was raving about, they came about due to my proof of concept work that I did on huds way back.

I could have kept that info to myself since I wasn't working on a plane with a hud yet, but I'm not like that. And this is the first time I've mentioned it so it's not

like I'm a glory hound. It inspired others to put huds in (which was why i showed it in the first place), and through that, make the game more enjoyable.

Glad to hear it.

I know how frustrating it can be trying to figure some of this stuff out.

Cryptic bs and the "we're keeping that to ourselves" crap doesn't help.

And besides, I'm sure I'm gonna have to pick one of your brains on a few things coming up.

And another thing since were on the subject of sharing,

You know the pre-WOE huds that everyone was raving about, they came about due to my proof of concept work that I did on huds way back.

I could have kept that info to myself since I wasn't working on a plane with a hud yet, but I'm not like that. And this is the first time I've mentioned it so it's not

like I'm a glory hound. It inspired others to put huds in (which was why i showed it in the first place), and through that, make the game more enjoyable.

Not to defend those who pilfer without appreciation... but when there's a proverbial epiphany when it comes to making something work in game that was not there before... the appreciation seems to go out the door with the mad-scramble to utilize it.

FWIW... albeit quite late in the game..."thank-you". (And thanks for the slimer tip)

Edited by Zurawski