Sign in to follow this  
Nicholas Bell

Changes in new Weapondata file in FE

No, I'm not posting in the wrong area. :biggrin: Thought this might be of interest....

TK stated on the Third Wire Forum:

"I'll need to clean up and release the new Weapons Editor to work with the expansion (and with all the upcoming patches icon_smile.gif ). The changes to the data format and the editor are mostly aimed at SFP1 series and not FE, so it totally skipped my mind... "

Examining the new FE Expansion 1 weapondata file here are the changes he is referring to:

Added:

SubsonicDragCoeff=

SupersonicDragCoeff=

SpecificStationCode=

CEP=

No Longer Present:

Streamlined=

No, I'm not posting in the wrong area. :biggrin: Thought this might be of interest....

TK stated on the Third Wire Forum:

"I'll need to clean up and release the new Weapons Editor to work with the expansion (and with all the upcoming patches icon_smile.gif ). The changes to the data format and the editor are mostly aimed at SFP1 series and not FE, so it totally skipped my mind... "

Examining the new FE Expansion 1 weapondata file here are the changes he is referring to:

Added:

SubsonicDragCoeff=

SupersonicDragCoeff=

SpecificStationCode=

CEP=

No Longer Present:

Streamlined=

I'm completely ignorant about what this means in practical terms. Am I going to have to tweak the thousands of weapons I currently have going?

Wow, you can specify the CEP directly and it will I suppose randomize how close to target it lands? Neat.

I'm completely ignorant about what this means in practical terms. Am I going to have to tweak the thousands of weapons I currently have going?

I'm sure that all the stock weaponry will be updated, but I would guess that everything else will need to be updated. The non-stock weapons currently will not work in First Eagles. Logically it would follow that the last Weaponpack will be non-op then too.

Wow, you can specify the CEP directly and it will I suppose randomize how close to target it lands? Neat.

Yeah, CEP at leasts registers meaning with me :biggrin: . The value for the bombs & rockets in FE are all zero, which makes me think that the CEP variable will only affect guided weapons.

maybe we can start to assemble a weapons team.The weapons pack hasn't been updated in a while. might as well get lots of the stuff thats been released since the last update into it while it's being fixed to work with the latest patch.maybe just getting an idea of what needs to be added would be a start.