You guys I need help! My friend kukulino made decals for a MiG-21 pack we are working on.

I can make the decal numbers show up but only one!! I set up a number list but I can only pick

one number out of the list. Also it only picks the decal it is set up in the decals.

I need help. If some one can help, we can upload the pack if I get this fix.

I know sometimes I forget to save the numbers list as numbers.lst, which causes problems, maybe double check you did that.

I've always had problems with the game using only the first aircraft number decal in the series if the first decal is just named by the name. If you rename the first decal to name000 it should work. otherwise you get 4 jets numbered *name*

example

decal.tga <===== change to decal000.tga

decal001.tga

decal002.tga

etc

Ah, I didn't think of that one, I think you may have the answer.

I have 15 sets of numbers decals and it is not working, they keep showing the same number but in the loadout

My number is 1824 and my wingman is 1501 but they keep showing the same number which is 1824 for everyone.

You guys it is not working, I tried what drdoyo said to do.

I need help from you skinners and decal makers

Did you try setting them to "DecalLevel=2"

Level 2 is for individual aircraft numbers

Level 1 is squadon insignia

Level 0 is national insigina

Might have to have a quick read on the 'decal tutorial'; it should be here someplace. If not, I'll try and get you a copy if you needs it

As stated above, for serial numbers or buzz numbers or the like (including nose art)...all decals use a 3 digit code. You can name them anything you want; I use "FNum" for Fuse Numbers; TNum for tail, SNum for serials, etc NArt for, well, nose art :wink:

FNum000

FNum001

FNum002 and etc.

I think the minmum number is 12, so I always make like 24+

As long as the pathway remains the same ie:

[Decal010]

MeshName=FuselageTail

DecalLevel=2

DecalFacing=RIGHT

FilenameFormat=F-89c/57thFIS/D/FNum

Position=-6.50,0.60

Rotation=0.0

Scale=1.0

DecalMaxLOD=3

aircraftfoldername/skinfoldername/decalsfolder/decalname

That should do ya!!

Wrench

kevin stein

In the decal.ini is the DecalLevel=2 ????

That has to be set for them to show in any order. You also need 16 decals.... 0-15.

I've attached the decal tutorial to help.

EDIT: Wrench beat me to it while I was posting :biggrin:

Decal_Tutorial.doc

Ah! I stand corrected on the min number needed -- which I usually exceed by a great deal!! :haha:

Why make just one squadron, when you can make the whole wing???? :rofl: Only a few more hours of mind-numbing work...

which reminds me...I gotta finish those buzz numbers for the new Scorpion skin before we leave on vacation Tuesday morning.

Vegas, here we come!!! :good: Gonna get me a big-ass plate of BBQ at Red Rock!!!!

Wrench

kevin stein

ok, nothing is working.

Here is what I have:

[Decal007]

MeshName=Nose

DecalLevel=2

DecalFacing=RIGHT

FilenameFormat=Czech2\d\CzechNumbers\czech < this part, when I add xxx numbers I get the first decal only and this goes for any decal.

Position=3.50,-0.02

Scale=1.6

DecalMaxLOD=3

[Decal008]

MeshName=Nose

DecalLevel=2

DecalFacing=LEFT

FilenameFormat=Czech2\d\CzechNumbers\czech < just like this there is no decal!

Position=4.26,-0.02

Scale=1.6

DecalMaxLOD=3

I tried every thing and check everything but everything is good.

P.S. the decal does show up but the thing is they show the same decal for every aircraft!

When I pick 1805 or etc

And my Wingman is 1806 and etc.

My whole squad gets 1805 decal number!!

I worked all day just for this!! LOL

Edited by gerald14

Your pathway is all wrong. You calling for subfolders of subfolders....

Look at my example...keep it simple, keep the names short. There is a max character length (ie: too long a name). We've had this problem before (Mossie, original Tornado, a few others)

FileFormat should read something like this (I'm using a generic Fishbed)

MiG-21PFM/Czech2/D/CzNum

Rename all your number decals -- and I KNOW that's a real PIA -- but keep everything as short as possible.

the pathway should read, as shown above (and below)

aircraftfoldername/skinfoldername/decalsfolder/decalname

which translates to the example I've just shown. And pleas, do download and read the decal tut that HrntFxr posted the link for...it'll answer a buttload of questions.

Wrench

kevin stein

Hallo, pilots :biggrin:

I am sorry, we had night in Central Europe, so I can't post when I sleep, hehe :meeting:

I tried apply your notes, guys, and it works right. I test it in single mission.

1203.jpg

1204.jpg

1205.jpg

What I changed:

[Decal007]

MeshName=Nose

DecalLevel=2 <----------I had 1

DecalFacing=RIGHT

FilenameFormat=MiG-21MA\Czech1\d\CzNum <-------- this is right (new names for decals too --- CzNum000-015)

Position=4.00,-0.05

Scale=1.6

DecalMaxLOD=3

THANX guys for help. THANX AGAIN!!! :clapping::ok::good: :fans:

Edited by kukulino

Thanks Wrench, now we are almost finish!!!!

We thank you. It is a real pain in the ass for the decals and numbers.

:good: Nice going

No probs guys! It'll be nice to have another target.... :rofl:

Wadda mean, you can't post when you sleeping??? Most of the time I do!!! :haha:

and yes, decals - especially the maunfacture thereof - is a real PIA!!! There's a couple of B-29 mods here that I did (ww2 PTO and WW2 ETO: 46) that have a humongous amount of decals. The WW2: 46 ETO version is the ENTIRE 91 BG...something like 400 decals for the one skin set....serial numbers, squadron code/individual letters, nose art. The PTO set runs about 300 +/- a few.

....I truely feel your pain.

Wrench

kevin stein

Well, I have still little probs...

I am testing my nums. When I fly single mission, numbers are on right places. If I want to try fly a few minutes later, I have no numbers on nose.

Or when I go back to main menu, then to single mission menu again, then to loadout menu, aircrafts in my flight have the same number (I can add nums manually). Then in single mission is no number on every aircraft. Or if I add some other planes to my flight, they have no nums.

I fly Mig-21 with my numbers.

What is wrong, mmm...

[Decal007]

MeshName=Nose

DecalLevel=2

DecalFacing=RIGHT

FilenameFormat=MiG-21MA\Czech2\d\CzNum

Position=4.00,-0.05

Scale=1.6

DecalMaxLOD=3

[Decal008]

MeshName=Nose

DecalLevel=2

DecalFacing=LEFT

FilenameFormat=MiG-21MA\Czech2\d\CzNum

Position=4.00,-0.05

Scale=1.6

DecalMaxLOD=3

I have 16 nums: CzNum000 - CzNum015

I have Numbers.lst too. There are numbers only.

Or I need reinstall my crazy computer :fool:

Edited by kukulino

Make sure that, in your Numbers.lst, you have a return after the last number. For example:

[space]

LloydNB

Make sure that, in your Numbers.lst, you have a return after the last number. For example:

[space]

LloydNB

I haven't got it. I did it and no success. First five nums are not working. I can add them manually only.

What is paradox, numbers won't show up on another types too. I tried new F-4G, Mig-21F-13CZ, JA-37 and similar troubles.

My WinXP are probably sick...

Edited by kukulino

I wouldn't put it down to WinXP. The smallest mistake with a space or a forward-slash instead of a back-slash can throw things out.

I suggest that you delete the Numbers.lst file and rewrite it. I have had the same problem before and even though all the entries were correct the system would produce the correct numbers until I re-did the Numbers.lst file.

LloydNB

I wouldn't put it down to WinXP. The smallest mistake with a space or a forward-slash instead of a back-slash can throw things out.

I suggest that you delete the Numbers.lst file and rewrite it. I have had the same problem before and even though all the entries were correct the system would produce the correct numbers until I re-did the Numbers.lst file.

LloydNB

Thanx, I will try it :yes:

But my Windows are really sick. They are not working right. Not with WOE only.

BTW, why another nums on another planes are not good too? Hmm, this is very interesting. :dntknw:

Edited by kukulino

If that doesn't work, try changing the position of the entry in the Decal file.

I see you currently have the entries at decal007 and decal008 - try changing them to decal001 and decal002. Again there is no logic to why it should work but occasionally it does!

LloydNB

Thanx for help and interest LloydNB :yes:

I must go. I will let you know about my numbers status soon. Thak you :clapping:

If that doesn't work, try changing the position of the entry in the Decal file.

I see you currently have the entries at decal007 and decal008 - try changing them to decal001 and decal002. Again there is no logic to why it should work but occasionally it does!

LloydNB

I have new .LST

I changed decal005 to 000, decal006 to 001 etc.

I start game, single mission with Mig-21, aded another 14 planes to flight and everything works great.

I try it again. And last Migs have no nums :no:

I made nums.lst in notepad. I tried it in wordpad too. Or I need better text editor?

This is real crazy situation :crazy:

Edited by kukulino

I have new .LST

I changed decal005 to 000, decal006 to 001 etc.

I start game, single mission with Mig-21, aded another 14 planes to flight and everything works great.

I try it again. And last Migs have no nums :no:

I made nums.lst in notepad. I tried it in wordpad too. Or I need better text editor?

This is real crazy situation :crazy:

Try EditPad Lite (freeware). Been using it for years now and it still serves my needs best. (Google: editpad lite)

Try EditPad Lite (freeware). Been using it for years now and it still serves my needs best. (Google: editpad lite)

THANX, I am downloading :biggrin:

EDIT: downloaded, installed. Made new .lst with nums. I tried single mision, everything right. Next single mission. Problem again.

I tried Mig with nums in SFP1 and the same prob. I tried Super Etendard and problem is the same.

In first single mission my plane has firs number in order. This is ok.

In second mission (I go back to single mission menu, than back to mission, and loadout menu) my plane has fifth (for example) number in order. I add another planes, but last have no nums.

This looks like prob with return after the last number as LloydNB wrote. I hit Space after last number in order in LST file.

But this problem is in WOE and SFP1 too. Not only with my Mig.

Or as I wrote, I have crazy comp :haha:

Thanx Jug. EditPad Lite looks great :ok:

Edited by kukulino

kukulino

Good luck in fixing the problem. It can be a frustrating business. Last night I spent 3.5 hours painting a Marlet for the Western Desert only to realise that the panel lines I used are for a Marlet I, not the Marlet III that I intended.

LloydNB