Sign in to follow this  
Viggen

When boredum struck...Phantom skins attacked!

Although these skins were originally going to be part of a What-if modern Phantom I have been asked to cease developlment of, here are the skins that I planned to put in and are all that is left of the F-4E+. I may or may not post the skins depending on what I get for comments and such. They were made useing Microsoft Paint version 5.1 so they won't be the best. They are being tested on the default TW F-4E from SFG now.

Arctic I Gunship Camo:

img00039.jpg

img00040.jpg

Nice weapons loadout 'eh?

Sahara I Gunship

img00054.jpg

img00055.jpg

The Canucks can paint false canopies all they want but this is a good illusion!

Obviously still WIP, S1G still needs a Six-Pattern Camo nose and I need to fix the top of A1G's left wing among other problems

Edited by JA 37 Viggen

Although these skins were originally going to be part of a What-if modern Phantom I have been asked to cease developlment of, here are the skins that I planned to put in and are all that is left of the F-4E+. I may or may not post the skins depending on what I get for comments and such. They were made useing Microsoft Paint version 5.1 so they won't be the best. They are being tested on the default TW F-4E from SFG now.

Arctic I Gunship Camo:

img00039.jpg

img00040.jpg

Nice weapons loadout 'eh?

Sahara I Gunship

img00054.jpg

img00055.jpg

The Canucks can paint false canopies all they want but this is a good illusion!

Obviously still WIP, S1G still needs a Six-Pattern Camo nose and I need to fix the top of A1G's left wing among other problems

I kinda like the urban warfare paint job. Not sure the Phantom can make some of the corners though?

Snowy ones huh? Actually Jug, I was debating between calling them Arctic or Urban.

img00058.jpg

img00059.jpg

img00060.jpg

Edited by JA 37 Viggen

Snowy ones huh?

Yeah, snowy, i could think of anything else at that moment (like arctic). :)

Free the Phantom skins! :yes:

Well let me make some little ajustments and they should be set. :good: I also need to make a readme :rolleyes:

Arctic I Gunship Camo is done and will be uploaded now. I have included the names given by Wolf65 and Jug in the readme :biggrin:

EDIT: Uploaded. Waiting approval

Edited by JA 37 Viggen

Should be visible now mofos :good:

I like that desert one... I could make a good Aus Army camo out of that... you know, if there was ever an army anywhere who flew F-4 phantoms! :rolleyes:

Should be visible now mofos :good:

I like that desert one... I could make a good Aus Army camo out of that... you know, if there was ever an army anywhere who flew F-4 phantoms! :rolleyes:

Suit your self. That one requires just a little bit of tweaking first. Then I can upload and you can toy.

Now as for my most recent idea. Who has heard of Active Camo?

img00064.jpg

img00065.jpg

img00066.jpg

img00067.jpg

oooohhhhhh, NICE :good:! I will be downloading them all! Keep up the good work man!

oooohhhhhh, NICE :good: ! I will be downloading them all! Keep up the good work man!

whondering when you would get here.

The Desert Camo is awaiting approval. :ok:

Now i have the perfect skin for DBS. :good:

I have included the names given by Wolf65 and Jug in the readme

:biggrin:

Okay. For now I am making fixes on the one I like to call ActiveSkies Camo. I am also planning on making Gunship Grey and Grey Ghost camos.

Anyone have a (moderately) easy skin they would like while I'm working on F-4Es? Also anyone have any interesting names for the ones above? ActiveSkies will be the Blue's true name but it could use a nickname.

Version .75 of Sahara has been released.

Edited by JA 37 Viggen

This is a bit of topic but has anyone made any "digital" paint scheme (skin) for any plane.

Here is couple of examples of this kind of paint schemes.

Jordan-F16-KA2-Air-2-Air-Combat-painted.jpgF-16-KA2.jpg

161RFA-3A17-007.jpg

a10-refuel-TDP.jpg

This is a bit of topic but has anyone made any "digital" paint scheme (skin) for any plane.

Here is couple of examples of this kind of paint schemes.

Jordan-F16-KA2-Air-2-Air-Combat-painted.jpgF-16-KA2.jpg

161RFA-3A17-007.jpg

a10-refuel-TDP.jpg

LOL, At first I did see that A-10 there.

LOL, At first I did see that A-10 there.

I must say that at first second I was wondering what the tanker was refueling. Be advised that this picture is computer rendered (it might be from some sim game, maybe Lock On). Generally, I'm still sceptical toward these digital paint schemes, to me they look like something that works in the simulator or on computer screen but in reality they don't work because the real world has no screen resolution. LOL. Anyway I still think that one color gray paint schemes woks the best when it comes to aeroplanes.

Edited by Mladuna

I must say that at first second I was wondering what the tanker was refueling. Be advised that this picture is computer rendered (it might be from some sim game, maybe Lock On). Generally, I'm still sceptical toward these digital paint schemes, to me they look like something that works in the simulator or on computer screen but in reality they don't work because the real world has no screen resolution. LOL. Anyway I still think that one color gray paint schemes woks the best when it comes to aeroplanes.

I tried to get just the top of a wing "digied" and it truly is a pain in the ass!

Any way Active Skies Blue 1 is ready. A second is being made (my father said the blue was too dark). I also am making an attempt at Captain Bartlett's F-4G (although I'm usingthe F-4E).

Yeah I agree about the Digi skins they are a pain to make but they work really well! I am tryin to do a Digi skin for the flanker but it is rather challenging.

Those digital schemes seem to be very effective at breaking up the airplanes' outlines. I would not have thunk it.

If digital patterns didnt work, why would the Marine Corps switch our utilities over to them. They have been proven to blend in better then regular woodland patterns and the same goes for desert patterns. Sorry but I have seen the difference myself on that one and there is NOT that much of a difference between that and aircraft paintschemes

Agreed. Although I dont think the Army thought its colors out properly for it's ACU.