Baltika

WW2 RAF Speech Pack v1.0

WW2 RAF Speech Pack v1.0

View File

WW2 RAF Speech Pack v1.0

Compiled by baltika

Courtesy of Microprose's European Air War

and Jane's WW2 Fighters

Thanks to Deuces for his Wingman Sound Mod which inspired the bandit calls in this mod.

Installation:-

Contents of "Speech" folder go into your Strike Fighters/Speech folder, overwriting existing files.

SPEECHSYSTEM.INI file goes in your SF/Flight Folder.

Backup your Speech folder first if you think you might want to go back to your Yankee wingmen ;-)

Known issues:-

There are a few anomalies, as exact matches for every phrase were not available.

In particular, wind direction and heading calls are borked in this mod. Instead, you get Jane's wonderfully bad-tempered Control Tower telling you to get a move on and clear the runway. This may sound odd when you are coming in to land, but just imagine he's chewing someone else out to let you belly-flop your badly shot-up Spit onto the main runway.

Also, TK's call-sign system is incredibly detailed and could not be re-created properly with the resources available. If Top Hat Control (none of your Red Crown nonsense here) answers Red One by calling him Victoria Leader, I'm afraid you'll just have to live with it. Or, you could start recording all 140 call signs in six different but appropriately accented voices. Then name the resulting files accordingly to fit into TK's scheme. If you think it's worth the effort ;-)

And do Fence Check, Rifle and Shotgun belong in WW2? If so, what do they mean?

Come to think of it, what do they mean anyway?

As ever, feedback, bug-reports, suggestions welcome.

I'll be lurking around at combatace.

Tally-ho, chaps! Jerry at nine o'clock low! Let's get those blighters!

baltika

"And do Fence Check, Rifle and Shotgun belong in WW2? If so, what do they mean?

Come to think of it, what do they mean anyway?"--NATO brevity code- google has a list

I'm trying this mod out now. Thanks for the effort and I'm loving your BoB.

This is what i have waited for. British voices in british planes. Great.

What i also would love to see would be german voices for german birds.