Sign in to follow this  
Canadair

STRIKE FIGHTERS PROJECT:ENEMY ENGAGED

I would like to do an helicopter campaign: I have a few helicopters redone, with decent flight models, and playable in NORMAL flight model. Not very realistic, but quite fun I have to say. especially on terrains full of low level features. Also it would give justice to FastCargo's hellfires.

At the moment helicopter situation is

Tiger: both version upgraded, with kestrel cockpit and with hellfire and tow missiles

AH-1W and G

Zeewolf helicopter, with revised flight model and again kestrel cockpit

Gazelle updated

Lynx, (the antitank version) updated with HOT missiles

(BTW we need a new HOT and a new TOW, but for now what we have will suffice)

Mi24 and Mi35; I am working on aplace holder for soviet antitank missiles

My idea for a campaign was the "Desert of Harriers " terrain included in the Harrier Campaing 2.0, in order to use the forward operating bases for eurocopters and lynxes and cobras

and perhaps a Tarawa off shore with Zeewolf helicopters.

the enemy will have Mi 24 and Mi 35

Fixed wing will be Kestrels, and Yak 141

Perhpas more AAA to be added; a ground war planned we already have, with M-1 and T-72 tanks

And we have alos the new ZSU-23-4 just relased.

I can do the campaign; I need someone to give me entuasiams and toi check in beta testing, and also to do some bits like all the briefings and squadrons .txt, and perhaps setup pictures for hangars and campaign.

In short someone to help me create the atmosphere and share the pain.

I am really willing to do this!

It is not very difficult but I don't want to do that alone!

Any takers?

sounds like fun,we're sadly missing the chopper side of life.can't do much to help,but i can test for you.looking forward to this!

sounds like fun,we're sadly missing the chopper side of life.can't do much to help,but i can test for you.looking forward to this!

okei, can yuo write the squadron descriptions .txt?

Any other takers?

If you want newer weapons, you may want to send a PM to Fast Cargo, he seems to be the new armorer. RL events have kept him a bit busy recently though :)

If you want newer weapons, you may want to send a PM to Fast Cargo, he seems to be the new armorer. RL events have kept him a bit busy recently though :)

More than anything I am looking for ideas and support

Well, you will also have the Hip from Marcelo, the OH-6 if someone could tune it with some capable weapon stations "Blue Thunder" style, and the ALouette III from vrkuboy....

All you need is to check some availabilites....

BTW nice idea!!! :fan_1:

That would be fun. Perhaps also the ability to fly the Sea Harrier FRS.2 (FA.2) from the HMS Invincable or Hermes?

That would be fun. Perhaps also the ability to fly the Sea Harrier FRS.2 (FA.2) from the HMS Invincable or Hermes?

No I don't like that too much; I would like to make use of the Kestrel and the yak 141 enoguh fixed wing; BTW I have a modded f-15 cockpit, the one that was mig29 OVT's, working on the yak 141.

As for the oh-6 i think it is out. and the gazelle too sadly; I want it easy and fast, and with modern helo; actually I dleave out the blackhawk since I can't seethe use for it.

The story lin is somewhat like you and your helicoptr multinational team are all what is there before the enemy army and its Hinds

I know: it screams Apache and Hokum, and Havoc

I have a whole bunch of helos from the same universe as the Zeewolf and Kestrel modelled that I'm planning to get ingame.

I have a whole bunch of helos from the same universe as the Zeewolf and Kestrel modelled that I'm planning to get ingame.

that is my man, you should see the zeewolf with kestrel cockpit

it looks like this is going to get a lot of support! i will do all i can to help. but r/l got me down right now,gotta have 30 hours of online studies in the next two weeks and a trip to omaha for a week after that. i'm to old for this s%@t!i'm with you though keep the fix wings to a minimum.

it looks like this is going to get a lot of support! i will do all i can to help. but r/l got me down right now,gotta have 30 hours of online studies in the next two weeks and a trip to omaha for a week after that. i'm to old for this s%@t!i'm with you though keep the fix wings to a minimum.

So anyone wants to see the zeewolf with kestrel cockpit and slightly revised FM? if I get permission I can upload.

sure would!had to go and cook dinner. had more thoughts before, didn't have time to wright them down.i've flown the desert,and all of the others for to long!how about the america nortwest terrians?remember the wolverines!russian north keorea invasion of america!any takers?

sure would!had to go and cook dinner. had more thoughts before, didn't have time to wright them down.i've flown the desert,and all of the others for to long!how about the america nortwest terrians?remember the wolverines!russian north keorea invasion of america!any takers?

I am game;but this implies making things more complicated thoguh; because it means doing the terrain better than the fun -toy that it is now; for starter it needs trees, which I learnt how to deploy in every terrain. But it is a time-consuming effort, asuming that there are the proper .tods file, which I can't do; that is why I would stick to Desert of Harriers terrain ; it comes with those swet FOBs. On the other hand the mountain canyons would be fun, a wolverine atmosphere of unsung war..

Just a little reminder, expecially when it come with getting permissions for other's work....

http://forum.combatace.com/index.php?showtopic=21405

If you plan on doing anything with the Dev A-Team's craft, PLEASE, check with Capun on EVERYTHING you want to mod/change/upload, etc. Keep him and Charles in the loop for what you wish to do and release.

I don't want to throw a wet blanket on anything, just giving a little nudge in the right direction. We've had complaints before about un-permissioned mods, so this is a "CYA" post, so to speak.

I'm speaking not just as a CA moderator, but a Dev A-Team member too.

OTH, anthing that improves our gaming is welcome!!! (especially Julheim's very cool What Ifs....)

and thanks for listening!

Wrench

Kevin Stein

Just a little reminder, expecially when it come with getting permissions for other's work....

If you plan on doing anything with the Dev A-Team's craft, PLEASE, check with Capun on EVERYTHING you want to mod/change/upload, etc. Keep him and Charles in the loop for what you wish to do and release.

I don't want to throw a wet blanket on anything, just giving a little nudge in the right direction. We've had complaints before about un-permissioned mods, so this is a "CYA" post, so to speak.

OTH, anthing that improves our gaming is welcome!!! (especially Julheim's very cool What Ifs....)

Wrench

Kevin Stein

By all means Wrench. Thanks for your reminders to all of us.

I hope that all the people that I use the work of will be understanding and apatient, and I/we will make sure that all the proepr requests and permissions are obtained;

It has happened to me before that I made some comments about a mod a while ago, and broke some etiquette rules, and that caused the wrath of some modders. But I really meant no harm r anything, and goes without saying that everything that might came out is freeware 100%.

On the other hand is difficult to trace who made what. so it is easy to offend someone, really not wanting t

Is posting her eon combatace considered accepatable in the means of keeping the original designers in the loop?

Oh by the wat Wrench I appreciate your comemts about TESTING; thanks; I am out of a night installing and correcting a campaign relased during summer that was full of little showsopper mistakes, althoguh it was a great idea. And has happened before. Obviously the user can't expect perfection (lol we don't even expect it from software houses taking for granted there will be patches.) so checking and correcting a mod is part of being a downloader here.

Now, if I may ask , what is the correct behaviour in this case? contactinh the author in private in case he gets offended shuold his mod's flaws appear in public? ..

Seriously I really don't mean offense or I am judgemental, but probably othe rpeople is and rightly so, modders end up irritable...

And I found myself ina tricky position, because this is where I excel. I can't really do 3dmodelling and often I alck the focusing required to start and complete a project (that is why I really want to this helo campaing); but I am good in auduting, examining checking and correcting, hopefully improving the mod; and this puts me in the I-am-making-a-list-of-your-mistakes positions which is not what I want to do. Must be the auditing experience RT. thank god I left that job, airline flying and now waterbombing is much more fun.

anyway, back to campaing planning, I really want to do this,.

Edited by atrdriver

SO FOR STARTER.. ANYONE has an idea of how NOT have the helicopters cruise on autopilot at altitudes of 1000s of feet?

SO FOR STARTER.. ANYONE has an idea of how NOT have the helicopters cruise on autopilot at altitudes of 1000s of feet?

I don't have a definitive answer, but I have a similar, although reversed problem as I am working up a "fun" campaign for Major Lee's excellent American NorthWest terrain, and the AI has serious difficulty with crashing into the various mountain peaks.

My suggestion is that you extract the MISSIONCONTROL.INI file from the MissionData.cat file and play around with the settings under the heading [Altitude].

You will see that section defines Normal, Low, Very Low, High and Very High altitudes (in metres). I have added 10,000 to each of the stock values, and, voila, the AI cruise above the mountain peaks at a respectable distance. I suggest you try reducing those values to get your helos flying NOE.

Of course, what I don't know the answer to is how to get different planes to behave in different ways - and obviously that sort of thing would be crucial for your helo campaign.

If I suss anything else out I'll let you know.

BTW, great idea for a campaign, I'm more than happy to chip in with help when I can, but as I have about 5 different projects on the go my time is limited.

Cheers for now,

baltika

Edited by Baltika

I don't have a definitive answer, but I have a similar, although reversed problem as I am working up a "fun" campaign for Major Lee's excellent American NorthWest terrain, and the AI has serious difficulty with crashing into the various mountain peaks.

My suggestion is that you extract the MISSIONCONTROL.INI file from the MissionData.cat file and play around with the settings under the heading [Altitude].

You will see that section defines Normal, Low, Very Low, High and Very High altitudes (in metres). I have added 10,000 to each of the stock values, and, voila, the AI cruise above the mountain peaks at a respectable distance. I suggest you try reducing those values to get your helos flying NOE.

Of course, what I don't know the answer to is how to get different planes to behave in different ways - and obviously that sort of thing would be crucial for your helo campaign.

If I suss anything else out I'll let you know.

BTW, great idea for a campaign, I'm more than happy to chip in with help when I can, but as I have about 5 different projects on the go my time is limited.

Cheers for now,

baltika

Excellent tip baltika the missioncontrol.ini, what in the hell was I thinking!; I'll work on it tonight

Not that you need a cheerleader, but I think this is a great idea and will be fun.

I also was flying single missions in the AmericanNW, and thought this would be an interesting area for a campaign. CANYONS for low-level chases.

Excellent tip baltika the missioncontrol.ini, what in the hell was I thinking!; I'll work on it tonight

No problem, I was digging about for a while before I found it. Let me know how you get on. You may also want to take a look at the AIRCRAFTOBJECT.INI file, various settings under [AIDATA] and other headings seem to control altitudes in various situations. I seem to recall that individual aircraft _data.ini files also have an [AIDATA] section which may help different aircraft to do different things.

Tally ho!

baltika

Wrench

Kevin Stein

And it should be clarified that the Zeewolf in question is originally my model and skin, which I'm updating for a rerelease of my own with custom pit, shadows and other s**t like that.

I do have the little notar-tailed Scout ingame as well, but it needs heavy tweaking of the flightmodel if anyone is up for doing that. I designed it inspired by Col. Cochrane's 20mm-armed Little Bird.

Here's a pictoral rundown of the helos and other things I have in a WIP state, as mentioned to atrdriver:

Pelican UH:

pelican_wip.jpg

Cougar MBT:

tank5.jpg

Scout OH:

ZW_S_Scout_render.jpg

Albatross AH/UH:

zeewolf_Albatross.jpg

Vulture AH:

vulture_ortho.jpg

Bear AFV:

bear_IFV_wip.jpg

Hippo MBT:

tank.jpg

There's also this unnamed fighter:

unknown_jet_wip1.jpg

As well as a couple ECM, EW and AAA variants of the Bear which are still in design stage.

Paralel universe mod?

i think the great problem is the FM for helos

Edited by Silverbolt

Julhelm, those attack chopper's look sick, dope and all that good stuff. I look forward to fly them one day. Thank's for sharing what you have in the work's :good: