Sign in to follow this  
sinbad

Lt Fritz Rumey

Herr Leutnant Rumey is having some work done on his aircraft. It should be done within a few days.

post-6006-1195511784_thumb.jpg

post-6006-1195511880_thumb.jpg

Looks like a beautiful skin. These guys could really pimp out their rides! The only thing missing would be a set of chromed spinner wheels. I guess maybe they weren't available yet.

You are my hero!

Been waiting for this as I have decided to revamp the stock expansion campaigns based on - yep - Jasta 5 - adding all the aces using all of the wonderful skins found on this site. This really fills a void.

Herr Leutnant Rumey is having some work done on his aircraft. It should be done within a few days.

Some excellent skins Sinbad, especially your re-upholstering of Keisz's flying sofa. You say you're just learning how to do skins..... I'd say you'd already learnt.

Also thanks for the Schorndorf post, some great detailed pics. If you haven't already, have a look at the restoration teams' work at memorial.flight.free.fr/fokkerDVIIuk.html

Herr Leutnant Rumey is inspecting his aircraft now. This plane should be available later today or tomorrow if no flaws are discerned.

post-6006-1196096392_thumb.jpg

post-6006-1196096419_thumb.jpg

post-6006-1196096435_thumb.jpg

post-6006-1196096447_thumb.jpg

post-6006-1196096465_thumb.jpg

Great job on this skin.... I will have to add this to my collection. :good:

hello

very good work

when you upload it add his squadon and more so we can easily add it in a campaing

thank you

hello

very good work

when you upload it add his squadon and more so we can easily add it in a campaing

thank you

You bring up an interesting point about texture naming conventions and how they work w/ aircraft upgrades and ace coding.

If you notice TK and co. have taken the approach of naming the textures the same – regardless of aircraft.

Examples:

AlbD3 = GermanCamo1

AlbD5 = GermanCamo1

Alb D5a = GermanCamo1

AlbD5a = RichtofenM

FokkerDR1 = RichtofenM

Confusing? Perhaps. BUT….this allows these skins to work seamlessly w/ other code. For instance, using the second example, you can start out a campaign w/ Jasta 11 and a default DVa and then upgrade to a DR1 and add Manfred as an ace using the SAME default texture name – allowing Manfred to use the appropriate skins - with NO conflicts. The program will do the aircraft type check and then the texture check.

By using different naming conventions you can be more descriptive but you can block the use of specific ace textures.

Herr Leutnant Rumey has authorized the release of this aircraft.

It should be available in the DL page.

post-6006-1196161957_thumb.jpg