Sign in to follow this  
SayethWhaaaa

A few questions about fixed wing gunships

Do many people here use the AC-130 here? If so, I'm interested to hear what tactics you've used to fly it combat or what methods you use to effectively provide CAS. Personally I'm still having issues developing a good orbit without spiralling into the turf.

Also, more of a technical question, does anyone know if the guns can be fired independently?

When I do fly the Spectre, I like to fly it in low orbit of about 200 to 400 feet defending on AAA and number of enemy tanks to allied tanks. I also have throttle at 75% to 100% and the rudder on full right.

EDIT: I don't think they can be fired independently.

Edited by JA 37 Viggen

You can rig some of them to fire as secondary guns.

Do many people here use the AC-130 here? If so, I'm interested to hear what tactics you've used to fly it combat or what methods you use to effectively provide CAS. Personally I'm still having issues developing a good orbit without spiralling into the turf.

Also, more of a technical question, does anyone know if the guns can be fired independently?

Yeah, I usually end up driving into the ground. Though one time while paying too much attention to my target I managed to fly into another A/C. It made for a nice change of pace.

I don't have the patience to try and master the gunship technique so I've given up trying. I generally just use them for eye candy in my prepared missions.

Fixed wing aren´t helicopters?

The AC-130 and the AC-47 have a sight on the left side of the cockpit.You aim from there.To hit te targets,you must roll the plane till you get the right attack angle and then,hell to the ground!

I must admit I enjoy flying these things.

hmmmm... I usually fly low an slow and tip the side with the weapons towards the enemy and just let loose, then I turn around and repeat!

hmmmm... I usually fly low an slow and tip the side with the weapons towards the enemy and just let loose, then I turn around and repeat!

Just watch out for those SAMS and ZPU-23-4's!!!!! Trust me, I hate those ZPU-23-4s!!!!!!! That's why I fly on the Red Side