Out of sheer boredom and lack of anything better to do at this point..I'm back to poking around the aircraft data files again..Please note..this does NOT mean I know any more about them than I did..nor does it mean that I can do FM's for the addon aircraft out there..I'm just mucking about a bit...as I find things out I will post em..I'm basically gonna take the F100 Data.ini file apart and see what makes it tick. If I destroy my SF in the process..so be it..no great loss to me at this point. The main focus of my search at this point will be the wings, ailerons, stabs and vertical tail/rudder "assemblies" in the dat file as these may very well hold the key to the roll inertia bug that plagues so many of you..after all..roll is a function of the aileron, which is a function of the wing.

Up until this point, things that i have discovered...1. the deploy/retract values of the LEF or slats should be the same for both positions..deployed it adds that value to the the wing dynamics..retract it subtracts it. example. last patch put the LEF value of the slats in the F100 at 133....so at 133 on both retract and deploy you get the base wing, and the wing with the deployed slat.

Same with the aileron values..area, lift, etc should be the same numerical value in either the up or down position..how to put those values in so the sim reads it correctly is the concern..the size of the control surface, in this case, the aileron, doesn't change with movement..how it affects the wing, and thus the lift of that wing is what changes.

Assuming that the drag coefficient or Cd is correct for all parts, and the lift coefficient Ca is also correct for the wing type whether a high speed airfoil or supersonic..(to be determined per aircraft) then factoring in degree of sweep, wing area, wing chord and wing span should give a certain amount of lift as a constant for a certain given speed. Thus this can be tested in the debug to make sure that the wing is then performing to spec. Now..as Ca and Cd coefficients are listed at what could possibly be settings at different speeds as baselines for the aircraft..I'm not going to be messing with those too much..my main area of concern is to figure out what part of the data detirmines what changes when a control surface is moved..

I've been poking an eye in the forum about once every couple of months since the last tweak (can't bring myself to call it a patch) from thirdwire to see if any new news on this flop actually flying..and yeah its a flop...its not on the shelves anywhere in tulsa for sale whatsoever..its not even in the bargain bins any more..I did find it at the used software place which had about 20 copies..all previously owned..had to get a replacement cuz mine had ingrained water rings on the shiny side from all the pop cans it has had set on it. Spent 3 bucks on the new copy..

Anyway..I'll probably post somethin in a couple of weeks or so if I figure something out..

DK

Here is one quicky I have discovered..in the control surfaces area of the .ini file under flaps it should be very easy to create a 3 position flap system instead of a two position..addint the all important combat flaps setting to the ini for any aircraft..as some of you, or all of you, know combat flap setting is in between take off setting and full retract, giving some extra lift at lower speeds, and up until later fighter fly by wire systems was manually selected by a pilot..by setting up combat flaps as the first position, with a 5 degree deployment setting, it should be first in line on the deployment cycle..and last on the retract..result will be a little extra lift in those tight slow turns.

DK

ok..that modification in and of itself worked..it did have the five degree down on the first flap position..now for the problem..it lost the landing flap position. so..elsewhere there is something that says there is only a landing flap and a take off flap position..the affect etc is easily put in..its now a matter of figuring out how to get the sim to remember all three...

DK

Thanks for the looksee DK. Even if you are not "back", nice to see your hand in trying to fix things.

Storm

Guest Sony Tuckson

thanks for this work!!!

I'm back with my maxdeployspedd problem, if you find a way to set this, I take it!!!

many planes I work with can't lower flaps at speeds higher than 200 knots.

I know, some will argue the need, but anyway, I'd like to control this speed in the ini file....

on modern aircraft there sony..if you deploy the flaps at over three hundred knots you will rip em off your wings..thats why it won't let you

DK

Guest Sony Tuckson

Agreed, but I spoke for speeds about 220,240 knots....and no go