Sign in to follow this  
Merlin7

Question about LOMAC HUD problem [?]

Evening All,

I'm new here and was hopeing someone might have seen the HUD "travel" with the view when you move - And know how to fix this...

System is a homebuilt 2.7 Anthalon W/ 1gig of Ram. I'm also using TrackIr with all sims. I've tried reloading with all current patches and don't have any other bugs showing up at this time.

By "traveling" - I mean that the HUD - or at least a portion of it will show up almost anywhere you look while in flight or on the deck.

Hope someone out there has seen this and can help.

Hello,

It sounds like what you are describing is the Mini Hud. It is not a bug, but a feature that I find rather useful. I can understand wanting to turn it off if you're a realism hound. In the options menu turn the knob to "difficulty" settings, and there is a button to turn on or off the mini hud.

I justify using the mini hud in game because, in the near future, the pilot *could* have a helmet-mounted eyepiece that projects the HUD right in front of his eye, much like the targeting system on the Apache.

Hello,

It sounds like what you are describing is the Mini Hud. It is not a bug, but a feature that I find rather useful. I can understand wanting to turn it off if you're a realism hound. In the options menu turn the knob to "difficulty" settings, and there is a button to turn on or off the mini hud.

I justify using the mini hud in game because, in the near future, the pilot *could* have a helmet-mounted eyepiece that projects the HUD right in front of his eye, much like the targeting system on the Apache.

THANKS !!! Yup , that was it. Back in the (really) old days we had an expression that covered this kind of thing ~ RTFD...

I did that, but completely missed the "mini hud" [?].

Anyway, many thanks again. I can see what you mean in using this feature - at least now I know it's selectable.

THANKS !!! Yup , that was it. Back in the (really) old days we had an expression that covered this kind of thing ~ RTFD...

I did that, but completely missed the "mini hud" [?].

Anyway, many thanks again. I can see what you mean in using this feature - at least now I know it's selectable.

This feature has been in Flanker since version 1.0. It helps you with situational awareness due to the fact that before Track IR, the only way to keep your eye on the target was to "Padlock" him, and start yankin' and bankin'...real easy to get lost and become a Dirt Torpedo. I've been so used to it since the Flanker 1.0 days I dont even realize it's there most of the time, and use it like second nature. I don't have Track IR, and without the Minihud, I couldn't fly worth anything.

Hello all, BTW. I'm new here as well, been at SimHQ forever, but things are changing there that I don't agree with...