For the Radar we have some nice features which i would like to have in the HUD. For instance the Horizonline, the max and min rangebars of the weapon and the target rangebar.

Has someone an idea, how to copy this features from Radar to HUD?

Would be nice to have for further improvements of soviet HUD.

You can do the range and etc. Also I put a compass in the HUD I did for the Mig-21bis N it did (thanks to you).

Like the range of the target you got a lock on or tracking

Edited by gerald14

In the avionics70.dll i have found:

steering_cue

and

steerpoint_symbol

this could be nice for making a soviet style navigation system (Follow the ball) like in Flanker 2.0 or LOMAC or Hind.

But i dont know how get to work.

you can use Scan and Track. They show those symbols but you want it for the navigation system but I don't know how to do it.

steering_cue

and

steerpoint_symbol

this could be nice for making a soviet style navigation system (Follow the ball) like in Flanker 2.0 or LOMAC or Hind.

Gepard,

IIRC, a "NAV" mode for the HUD is required in order for you to use them. Look through the F-15A_avionics.ini in WoE, for guidance on this.

steering_cue

and

steerpoint_symbol

those features aren't implemented yet. I've asked TK long ago, the code is not complete.

hopefully with the next patch ..

re: radar modes/readouts on HUD... same, doesnt work 'cause the game code is "westernized" .. and incomplete, there are many

HUD readouts missing for the F-15A too...

Edited by Crusader

I got a question, what part of the hud is used to aim unguided rockets such as hydras?

Suhsjake: In the reworked version of my MiG-23MK HUD i use following lines :

[HUD_Zielpunktlinie]

//beweglicher Teil des Luft Boden Zielnetzes

SymbolType=CCIP

LaserRanging=TRUE

FallLineImage=cockpit\hud\ZielpunktLinie.tga

ImagePosition=0.0,0.00

ImageSize=0.020

The tga is a simple line. It use automaticaly the airgroundgunsight which is defined in the cockpits ini under the line AGGunsightName=

those features aren't implemented yet. I've asked TK long ago, the code is not complete.

hopefully with the next patch ..

re: radar modes/readouts on HUD... same, doesnt work 'cause the game code is "westernized" .. and incomplete, there are many

HUD readouts missing for the F-15A too...

Anyone know how they got the symbols to work with the Hornet cockpit? I would like to add the Steerpoint symbol to work with the F-16 pit, but i looked at the Hornets files and can't figure it out.

Anyone know how they got the symbols to work with the Hornet cockpit? I would like to add the Steerpoint symbol to work with the F-16 pit, but i looked at the Hornets files and can't figure it out.

It's a part of the cockpit. An cockpit instrument actually, and not done with the avionics.

Hey all,

I love my F-111, but the HUD that comes with the pit isn't very....flash (no offence intended)

I was wondering if anyone could do a hud with a CCIP mode, or something that allows you to drop bombs more accuratly?

Cheers

Blackhawk

Did the Aardvark have a CCIP?

found this

http://www.ausairpower.net/82WG-Ops-1983.html

but I think they used other means...by the by, if you ever feel down / out about your ability to hit anything with slicks in this game, just remember that real life was not as hard as this game makes it...for starters they were trained how to do it with the equipment at hand...unless I have been missing the tutorial section of this game for 5 years (must be next to the medals section in the pilot's records)

only the D model had a real "modern" HUD, and perhaps CCIP..

Hi Gepard :yes:

I have Paladrians Mig-21 V1.0 pit installed with your Mig-23M avionics on Mig-23MF (changes in mig-21MF pit according to our Mig-23 HUD topic).

I tried change CCIP from original:

[HUD_SETKA]

//SymbolType=IMAGE

SymbolType=CCIP

LaserRanging=TRUE

FallLineImage=cockpit\SETKA3.tga

ImagePosition=0.0,0.00

ImageSize=0.100

To:

[HUD_SETKA]

SymbolType=IMAGE

ImageFilename=cockpit\SETKA.tga

ImagePosition=0.0,0.00

ImageSize=0.260

I have this:

Snim.jpg

That is what I want. It is working for bombs, but not for A2G missiles:

bezneho.jpg

So how can I fix it, please? I want something silmilar to your Su-22M4 mod. There is setka on HUD for bombs and for A2G missiles too, but I want it without CCIP.

Edited by kukulino

I think with A2G missiles you mean unguided rockets like the S-5 of the UB-32 pods. The aimpoint of the unguided rockets is connected with the air to ground gunnery sight. The definition you find in the cockpit.ini

here the lines for the Su-22M4

[GunsightFront]

HasGunsight=TRUE

GunsightMilSize=30

GunsightName=Zielpunkt Luft.tga

AGGunsightName=Zielpunkt.tga <<<<<< This line

LeadComputing=TRUE

MinLeadRange=300

MaxLeadRange=1300

DefaultLeadRange=500

MaxDepression=172

DefaultDepression=50

At this point you can designate the wished A2G sight format.

Hallo Gepard :yes:

Thanx for reply.

I tried your notes. I have AG gunsight for bombs bud still caged for rocket pods (UB-16/32 etc).

Problem is, that I played with some avionics lines and I changed some values and TGAs. This is the reason why my AG gunsight is not showed in mode for UB-32, I think.

On the other hand, I can choose rocket pods (with its caged sight) and choose AG sight manually by hitting key which I have designed for this. Than I can fire rockets with AG sight :biggrin:

Edited by kukulino

those anyone know if there is any GOOD huds for the F/A-18a?

the HUD on the F-18 now locks horrible!!!

and i'm looking for one that functions like the F-14A update and

the F-15

For the Radar we have some nice features which i would like to have in the HUD. For instance the Horizonline, the max and min rangebars of the weapon and the target rangebar.

Has someone an idea, how to copy this features from Radar to HUD?

Would be nice to have for further improvements of soviet HUD.