Sign in to follow this  
ordway

Mirage Factory F-4G nice low speed stalling

The Mirage Factory F-4G by USAFMTL flight model seems to model the low speed handling better than many other F-4s to me...ie. it doesn't like it!!! This F-4G gets squirrely if you push it beyond the buffet and a wing often tries to sharply fall vs. many others where it just nicely stops turning.

I have read over the years, if I remember correctly, that the F-4 versions could get very tricky if you pushed it at too high an angle of attack...from the F-4 manual in an accelerated stall, "wing rock becomes unpredictable and progresses to a high frequency."

"Increasing aft stick deplacement increases the magnitude of roll and yaw oscillations at the stall."

"Applying and holding full aft stick, even with ailerons and rudder neutral, can result in a spin."

Nice job USAFTML!

http://books.google.com/books?id=oeJuJtjK4...Qnx4Y#PPT221,M1

Yes, USAFBLTDan is indeed a master aerodynamacist!!!11! The undisputed king of Thermodynamics!!!!111 The Ayatollah of aileron-a-rolla!!!111!

LOL........... :rolleyes:

Seriously, the Mirage Factory has a lot of talent at their disposal. I'm sure a quick perusal of the read me file will turn up the identity of the artiste responsible for that flight model.

The F-4G is by the Mirage Factory, not me. I just uploaded it here.

The F-4G is by the Mirage Factory, not me. I just uploaded it here.

Imposter. :haha:

Imposter. :haha:

Are you implying sir that I am a Mirage? :rofl:

When i downloaded this, It was based solely on the fact that the Mirage Factory made it. All of there releases have been top notch, so i grabbed it even though i was thinking "Just what i need, Another F-4". :dntknw:

I could not have been more wrong, im sure it will become my new favorite Phantom. The flight model really stands out and the actual 3D model is probably the most detailed currently available. Once again my hats off to the MFers! :biggrin:

Thanks guys! :good:

Are you implying sir that I am a Mirage? :rofl:

I would if you were really there :rofl: