Sign in to follow this  

Hi out there,any body know where I can download some Royal Navy skins for the early model sea harrier ? (i.e. not the FRS2) :blink:

Hi out there,any body know where I can download some Royal Navy skins for the early model sea harrier ? (i.e. not the FRS2) :blink:

i guess isnt there other model :blink:

Sea Harrier was available on Avsim, IIRC.

Some time ago i did a 801 sq. Falklands skin, but I didn't really finished it, so I didn't upload it here. If you're interested send me a PM and I will send you the files.

I would like to know what is the version of the Harrier that the USMC used in the Gulf War,that modern one.I read it was the AV-8B,but the B model isn´t a biplace?

av8b_c12-22877-2_300x375.jpg

It was the AV-8B Harrier II, which is an extensive redesign of the Harrier by Bae and McDonnel-Douglas, IIRC. It replaced the AV-8A and AV-8C Harriers in the USMC. Easiest way to tell the difference is the castor wheels on the wings. In the A/C, they are on the wingtips, B midway out on the wing.

I would like to know what is the version of the Harrier that the USMC used in the Gulf War,that modern one.I read it was the AV-8B,but the B model isn´t a biplace?

Let's see here....

(*consults 5-inch thick illustrated book of moderen military aircraft*)

It says here that in th Gulf wars, the USMC used the Mc Donnell Douglas/BAe AV-8B Harrier II, which was primarily a single seater, but they did make a couple 2-seaters for training. Later on, they went through a program to replace the 8Bs with AV-8B Harrier II Plus models, and they do have some two seaters because Italy bought 2-seat trainers before the single seaters. i donno how many, though. Also, the 2-seaters are combat capable.

also, the Harrier II plus is used by spain and Italy as an air defence aircraft.

So there. :biggrin:

Edited by Rambler 1-1