It is in these hours that the Nimitz class turns into Invincible class :haha:

ok, not funny

nuclear or conventional warhead?

Edited by Silverbolt

Released...conventional only.

gallery_12105_43_293115.jpg

FastCargo

Me likes!

Althoguh I got yelled at when the SU-27 came our because I added AG wep on it!

i love this mod!

very nice!

i made a Nuke version, but... when i shoot it explode, or i shoot but if explode before(withoud damage) or miss the targed.LOL :rofl:

Edited by Silverbolt

FC,

This is AWESOME. I tried it out last night, (although to limit the heresay I made a copy of the SU-27 into an interim SU-30 for the this mod.) Works great.

question for you. How do you get the missile to work so well? I've been trying to get the AS-4 and AS-6 to have some reasonable representation of their awesome range and devastation, but nothing seems to work. Unless I just about drop it on the target, they don't get the range.

I'd like to learn how you do these and apply that to the older weapons in the weapons packs that just don't quite get out there as they should.

FC,

This is AWESOME. I tried it out last night, (although to limit the heresay I made a copy of the SU-27 into an interim SU-30 for the this mod.) Works great.

question for you. How do you get the missile to work so well? I've been trying to get the AS-4 and AS-6 to have some reasonable representation of their awesome range and devastation, but nothing seems to work. Unless I just about drop it on the target, they don't get the range.

I'd like to learn how you do these and apply that to the older weapons in the weapons packs that just don't quite get out there as they should.

Sorry, been busy and almost forgot about the thread.

Typically, I've been using the stated range reference (where I can find it), convert it to meters, and use that as the max range entry. Also, I usually increase the seeker range to 10% beyond that stated max range entry. The idea of course is that you probably get a 'lock' on the target before you get in range so you can launch at the farthest standoff distance possible.

In addition, I use the typical cruising speed of the missile, multiply by the range to get a proper overall duration number...so it hopefully doesn't detonate before it reaches the target. This number is different from the booster and sustainer duration numbers.

The thing I haven't used any math for is the acceleration parameters for the booster and sustainer values. I'm not sure what units those numbers are in, and don't know if they take the mass of the missile into account. I get the feeling those acceleration numbers in combination with the duration numbers yields an overall speed of the missile.

FastCargo

cool, thanks. I'll go play with those older systems and see if I can get them to work more realistically.

if I can, there will be some "challenging" Fleet Air Defense missions coming!

:good:

Fleet defense? We need a map with lots of water... hhmmm...

Fleet defense? We need a map with lots of water... hhmmm...

like Bering Straights?

:biggrin:

I've already built some missions using that terrain but I have not been happy yet with how well they run.

Typhoid, you make custom missions? hhmmm....

Typhoid, you make custom missions? hhmmm....

yes, but I haven't posted any, yet, because I'm not yet satisfied with the level of complexity and precision that I get between the mission planner and the sim. There is an art to getting the mission planner make the sim do what you want it to. when meshing multiple flights into the scenario, it doesn't always seem to work.

as an example, I have a great multi-axis anti-ship strikes against task forces. I tell the wingmen to go attack and they fly off to West Falklands somewhere and bomb troops......

same thing happens when I assign an element to bomb ships, they just casually go fly over and get shot down.

:(

still working on them.