Sign in to follow this  
Barkhorn1x

Need Location/Translation of Rank Codes

All;

In the midst of adding a whole BUNCH of aces to the stock campaigns. Need to find the location and the translation of the rank files.. I.E., 1 = sergeant, 2 = lieutenant, etc.

Anyone know?

Thanks.

in the missiondata.cat

RANKSXXXX.LST

I was a bit disappointed tho theres not that many (no French :blink: )

Alot use USAF or some other proxy

And the most are a bit silly (especially the RFC ranks which are post WW1 RAF)

easy enough (of course :wink: ) to make new ones and adjust the nations.ini to reflect tho :)

heres the French one i use as an example

[FullName]

Caporal

Maréchal des logis

Maréchal des logis chef

Adjudant

Sous Lieutenant

Lieutenant

Capitaine

Chef d'Escadron

Lieutenant Colonel

Colonel

[shortName]

Cpl

Mdl

MdlChef

Adj

2Lt

Lt

Capt

ChefEsc

LtCol

Col

and my RFC

[FullName]

Sergeant

Sergeant Major

Warrant Officer

2nd Lieutenant

Lieutenant

Lieutenant

Captain

Major

Lieutenant Colonel

Colonel

[shortName]

Sgt

SgtMaj

WO

2Lt

Lt

Lt

Capt

Maj

LtCol

Col

i was trying to get them all to stop around Colonel (still way to high) but got distracted :blush:

nice project for someone i think

BTW i've mapped out SPa3 aces if you want any info (or havent already done so)

luck

Hmmm...I may have to take a shot. But, the more you do the less any potential mod has utility for everyone due to conflicts w/ other changes. I see no issue in changing the rank files - but - integrating w/ the nations file may conflict w/ other changes in that file. Still it will work fine for me so I may do it.

I would love your SPA3 information as mine is not so much an individual squad based effort (except for Jasta 5). It is an overall ace based effort w/ the FAS aces included - where appropriate from a squad presence and assignment date - down to the 12 victory level. So Marcel Nogues is the last entry for the FAS.

So...who knows - I may do a SPA3 effort after Jasta 5.

Now, I hope I can get the Squad editor to function on my work Excel edition as that will give me the ability to vary the ace stats. Right now they are all at 100 for the different skill categories.

Edited by Barkhorn1x

I totally agree about changing to many of the "deep" files

Its always made me hesitant about how i mod the game if i want to share it later...

I guess its another reason to consider putting together a "super-mod" (there will always be arguments about what should go in tho)

I think a continually upgraded mod that only scoped historical "accuracy" (loosely) and environmental factors would maybe not be to controversial (lol)

I pmed Nicholas Bell about the squad editor a little while ago (it wasn't working for me either in the addon) he is checking it out (could easily have been operator error for me tho)

Aces

I have a few Q's for the community about them...

1.If people upload them are they any use... (hmm what format i guess i mean, full campaign mod, or pasteable snippets for other modders to use in future campaigns)

2.Where in their career do you put their scores? (hard info to determine sometimes if its totally campaign/date based)

3.Number of missions? Impossible to determine accurately (i don't even think it has a impact ?) and if they are doing 3-4 sorties a day from 1915-16ish its surely much higher than TK's aces

4.Cut off point for aces ? I guess this is date based or campaign detail based, In 1915-1916 12 "kills" was a huge score

Just looking for some opinions :yes:

given all of the above heres N3/SPA3 c Dec 1916 to mid 1917

Thats their heyday imho, they suffered grievous causalities in mid to late 1917

Caveats

Final scores (confirmed) and a mission rate based on 3-18 missions a month per month flying (sort of) and using the rank.lst for FAM posted above

KnownAce[01].LastName=Guynemer

KnownAce[01].FirstName=Georges

KnownAce[01].RankID=6

KnownAce[01].NumMissions=142

KnownAce[01].AirKills=53

KnownAce[01].AircraftNumber=2

KnownAce[01].Texture=

KnownAce[02].LastName=Deullin

KnownAce[02].FirstName=Albert

KnownAce[02].RankID=6

KnownAce[02].NumMissions=129

KnownAce[02].AirKills=20

KnownAce[02].AircraftNumber=3

KnownAce[02].Texture=

KnownAce[03].LastName=Chainat

KnownAce[03].FirstName=Andre

KnownAce[03].RankID=3

KnownAce[03].NumMissions=59

KnownAce[03].AirKills=11

KnownAce[03].AircraftNumber=6

KnownAce[03].Texture=

KnownAce[04].LastName=Auger

KnownAce[04].FirstName=Alfred

KnownAce[04].RankID=6

KnownAce[04].NumMissions=104

KnownAce[04].AirKills=7

KnownAce[04].AircraftNumber=7

KnownAce[04].Texture=

KnownAce[05].LastName=Guiguet

KnownAce[05].FirstName=Joseph-Henri

KnownAce[05].RankID=4

KnownAce[05].NumMissions=123

KnownAce[05].AirKills=5

KnownAce[05].AircraftNumber=8

KnownAce[05].Texture=

KnownAce[06].LastName=Raymond

KnownAce[06].FirstName=Georges

KnownAce[06].RankID=6

KnownAce[06].NumMissions=59

KnownAce[06].AirKills=6

KnownAce[06].AircraftNumber=9

KnownAce[06].Texture=

KnownAce[07].LastName=Heurtaux

KnownAce[07].FirstName=Alfred

KnownAce[07].RankID=6

KnownAce[07].NumMissions=112

KnownAce[07].AirKills=21

KnownAce[07].AircraftNumber=11

KnownAce[07].Texture=

KnownAce[08].LastName=Dorme

KnownAce[08].FirstName=Rene

KnownAce[08].RankID=4

KnownAce[08].NumMissions=121

KnownAce[08].AirKills=23

KnownAce[08].AircraftNumber=12

KnownAce[08].Texture=

Actually this looks easier than I thought. The Nations file is just a simple pointer file. So, a French ranks file is a case of creating a new French ranks INI file and adjusting the Nations file accordingly.

I like your ranks as the stock sim reaches ridiculous heights. One question tho'; what determines promotion criteria thresholds?

Just saw this post - prolly crossed w/ mine above.

Aces

I have a few Q's for the community about them...

1.If people upload them are they any use... (hmm what format i guess i mean, full campaign mod, or pasteable snippets for other modders to use in future campaigns)

2.Where in their career do you put their scores? (hard info to determine sometimes if its totally campaign/date based)

I am simply starting from the first date of the campaign and adding them in w/ their scores at that time via info. from the Aerodrome. So the Cambrai camp. starts om 11/20/17 and that means that MvR starts w/ 61 victories according to this link:

http://www.theaerodrome.com/aces/germany/richthofen2.php

3.Number of missions? Impossible to determine accurately (i don't even think it has a impact ?) and if they are doing 3-4 sorties a day from 1915-16ish its surely much higher than TK's aces

Just gut feel here.

4.Cut off point for aces ? I guess this is date based or campaign detail based, In 1915-1916 12 "kills" was a huge score

I compiled a list from various sources for the major nations down to a certain victory level:

GAS = 27

FAS = 13

UK & Comm. = 26

USAS = 10

Belgium = Willy Coppens! :yes:

I'll file your ace info. for a campaign based on the early to mid 1917 timeframe after I redo all of the stock campaigns.

Thanks.

Edited by Barkhorn1x