Sign in to follow this  
101tfs

Landing Gear Animations

I`m making the J-8A,using the default MiG-21MF .inis

But when I test the main gears,I had some problems.

I set all Animations TCB,and linked the geardoors to the wings.But didn`t link the Gears to anything.

And when I fly this plane in the game,I found the parts were placed everywhere.

Can anyone tell me why it seemed like that?

(Each part of the main gear have it`s own animations for the J-8s` Landing gears have complex movements,and I set several keyframes in Frame 1-10 for each mesh,but al last I found that

even the fuselage wasn`t in the right place,you can find that it turned 180 degrees.)

And I also wonder that what is different when I select Decals and No Decals when Exporting the Plane?

Thanks.

post-5438-1196084208_thumb.jpg

It would appear at the moment that you're getting meshes randomly placed due to a lack of heirachy. In order for the aircraft to look normal, all meshes need to be children of a parent mesh, which is usually the fuselage. See the thirdwire exporter notes here in the Knowledge Base or downloads section for more information.

Guest CW2. Wells

Lol, it looks like Dave was at the controls of that plane.

Guest capun

Follow bibb's advice, you have to read and re-read the exporter notes. Keep them handy all the time, I do when I have questions.

In your case most likely problems to check

- Only one mesh is the topmost (parent) mesh (also called node), usually the fuselage

- All meshes pivot points must be centered and world aligned, except moving and animated meshes that require specific pivot points

- All meshes must be linked, eventually to the topmost mesh

Decal vs NoDecal export. In a nutshell Decal export avoids the decal bleed but at a cost of a much higher filesize and a corresponding fps drop.