Sign in to follow this  
Jasta15

Jasta 11 1917

Hi all,

This request may have already been posted in the past, I would be surprised if it hadn't, or I may not have seen the skins, but has anyone skinned the famous Jasta 11 Albatros D.III's of early 1917? I know the popular M.V.Richthofen's D.III has been skillfully done in several forms but what of Werner Voss, Karl Allmenroder, Lothar V.Richthofen, Georg Simon, Kurt Wolff, Otto Brauneck and others.......in their Albatros's

It would be great sight to see these prime Jasta 11 pilots headed by MVB to take on the Allied scouts!!!

Would anyone take on this project as I am sure I am not on my own in wanting to see Jasta 11 in all its glory!!!

Jasta15

Hi all,

This request may have already been posted in the past, I would be surprised if it hadn't, or I may not have seen the skins, but has anyone skinned the famous Jasta 11 Albatros D.III's of early 1917? I know the popular M.V.Richthofen's D.III has been skillfully done in several forms but what of Werner Voss, Karl Allmenroder, Lothar V.Richthofen, Georg Simon, Kurt Wolff, Otto Brauneck and others.......in their Albatros's

It would be great sight to see these prime Jasta 11 pilots headed by MVB to take on the Allied scouts!!!

Would anyone take on this project as I am sure I am not on my own in wanting to see Jasta 11 in all its glory!!!

Jasta15

J15,

Please PM me your email address, if you are able. I tried to PM you but it would not allow me, for some reason. Now I get to help clog the forum with this request.

If i remember right in 1917 all Jasta 11 Fighters had the same red "camo" like Richthofen. The colourfull camos in the movies are fiction.

If i remember right in 1917 all Jasta 11 Fighters had the same red "camo" like Richthofen. The colourfull camos in the movies are fiction.

I agree about the movies!

Yes, Jasta 11 D.IIIs were largely red. Each had an additional color as well: LvR yellow, Wolff green, Schäfer black, Lübbert blue/yellow, Brauneck blue, Simon a light green fuselage band. Some planes had their insignia overpainted; others did not. One was "straw yellow" varnished wood with a wavy red fuselage stripe (which I think was D.2016/16, Hinsch's machine). Subtle variations between all of them. Depends how pedantic a skinner wants to get! I'd do them all but I'm too busy doing profiles.

Here's one:

2016_16Preview2a.jpg

I'd do them all but I'm too busy doing profiles.

That's a shame as we really do need more skins!!

Nice profile, BTW.

Yes, thanks for the info., I was aware of the subtle changes to Jasta 11's aircraft of the time, but not sure in all cases what they exactly were. However as this was, in my opinion, the most famous and wrote about group of pilots of WW1 and possibly THE BEST Jasta 11 had to offer during the great war it a shame not to see them in all there glory in FE!!

Jasta15