Sign in to follow this  
Silverbolt

Something wrong with nukes

Droped over a soviet tank formation (i guess was there much more than 10!) :blink:

somewone know how to increase the shockwave?

Droped over a soviet tank formation (i guess was there much more than 10!) :blink:

somewone know how to increase the shockwave?

Yeah, I've dropped nukes on an airbase, only to find a couple of vehicles destroyed and the bulk of the structures still standing. You can edit the explosive mass/ weapon yield using the Weapon Editor, though I don't know what the game engine limits are in terms of destructive power. There is also a nuc mod by Lexx Luthor that has edited both the weapon yield as well as the graphics so you really get an impressive and realistic mushroom cloud. At night it's awesome.

They worked last time I checked.... :blink:

post-5661-1196184243_thumb.jpg

post-5661-1196184311_thumb.jpg

post-5661-1196184423_thumb.jpg

O.ô

i forget to mention, but i change the effects...

This may have influenced?

yeah, im using the Lexxx_luthor mod ;)

:good:

Tank, thanks, but i still unfinished my mission xD 200 meters from the taget the bomb explode...

i really dont know what i hit, but i doesnt destroyed the building :blink:

Edited by Silverbolt

I would think the visual effects have little bearing on what the destructive effects are. You could make a nuke blast effect for a gun and it still wouldn't be stronger, although it would make strafing difficult. :biggrin:

Right! I only made VISUAL effects to go with your existing nucular weapons as described in the CombatAce download, which also now describes the need to ramp up high explosive effects. The game does not support Nukes, so use High Explosive, experiment with values around 1E+11 and work up or down from their, depending on yield and the physical effects you desire. The Weapon Editor (and all ThudWire ini files) can make use of the exponential notation we all remember from hi~school.

The condensation rings (shockwaves) I made ... its all described here, midway down this ThudWire page here

~> http://bbs.thirdwire.com/phpBB/viewtopic.p...70&start=16

==========================----

Condensation rings (or fog rings).

Modelled only for 300kt yield and above, these rings are a huge compromise. With the 16 emitter limit that I bumped into with the emitter-heavy 30Mt effect, I use only one emitter for the fog rings, and its not enough to model what really happens....

:

:

etc...

:

=========---=================------

Nice pics by the way! Thanks!!!! thumbs.gif

Tip -- Something I thought of only recently. For DAY missions, you could disable the SkyGlow if you like. The vast SkyGlow tries to simulate the glow on the horizon seen by observers hundreds of miles away from night time nuc tests.

Edited by Lexx_Luthor

thanks lexx xD

but now, evrything explode, including I....

xD

and the f**** buildings still up

thanks lexx xD

but now, evrything explode, including I....

xD

and the f**** buildings still up

Now you can start experimenting with different values until you get what you want. To tell the truth, I have not done that yet for myself for the six yield ranges. I'm nowhere near being ready to even test play my stargetic campaign ideas. That'll come later.