Sign in to follow this  
SayethWhaaaa

A MASSIVE complaint about something...

What the hell is wrong with you Yanks?! :blink: More specifically, what is going on with your chocolate?! :biggrin:

Just kidding about the Yanks part, sort of... :tongue: I'd been dying for some chocolate because idiot me didn't pack any for the trip to Hawaii, nor for the hike into the mountains so by the time I got out, I had a major choccy craving. So I headed to one of the 5 million ABC stores in Waikiki where I was staying... but all they had was that hersey's crap! And about 40 other bars with peanuts or peanut flavouring! PEANUTS!! I couldn't find a Mars Bar anywhere on the island! I remeber there being a scare in the 80s (can't remember if it was a scare of if it was a real threat) where some nutjob told the press he was going to put rat poison into the Mars bar mix, but I didn't think that the line was discontinued...

Its sort of funny because I used to go out with this girl from Kentucky and when she moved back, I'd sent her a care package of Caramello Koalas and Freddo frogs which they absolutely devoured because she said "They're a bit tight arsed with caramel (runny Caramel, not the chewy kind) over here" and in regards to Hawaii, I think she's right! Although she hated the awesome strawberry filled freddos... which is just a bit stupid! :tongue:

Alrighty, chocolaty/caramel flavoured rant off.

That said, Hawaii was F**king awesome! I'm completely jealous of you US citizens and the fact that, if you so choose, you could spend as much time there with the super cute Hawaiian girls as you want! Where as I'd have to apply for a green card... :cray: And big ups for the USA channel showing an SVU/CI marathon the second I got there!

I'll also have to post a snap of the KC-135 that decided to stall/park itself on the tarmac right in front of my flight home. I was hoping they'd have to tow it which would possibly delay our flight so much that I'd have to stay there a few more days and enjoy the place a little more. But the USAF was pretty quick to move it... Bastards! :tongue:

I don't think the American Mars bar is the same as the rest of the world. I have a friend from London who alwyas complains when he's here and buys a US Mars bar and forgets it's not the same. Best candy bar by far....Reese's Peanut Butter Cup! Chocolate and peanut butter, how can you go wrong? Second best... Snickers. Chocolate, caramel, nougut, and peanuts (yes, we're big on peanuts).

Glad you liked Hawaii, just don't go thinking that the rest of the US is that nice. Even we are jealous of the Hawaiians. I have an old friend who lives in Hilo now who keeps inviting me out for a visit. I haven't gotten there yet, but I'm afraid I won't be able to leave when I do.

Edited by tank03

I haven't even seen a Mars Bar in America before :blink:

And forget the Hawaiians. You Aussies have some super cute girls as well. Which our Navy boys steal right under your noses! :biggrin:

I love Hershey's chocolate. I hate anything with peanuts in it. Hershey's dark chocolate especially.

I love Hershey's chocolate. I hate anything with peanuts in it. Hershey's dark chocolate especially.

Agree, do not agree, and agree.

Hersey's rules!!!! What is it with you limeys (no offense intended, one of my best friends is British) and your aversions to peanut butter? He never had PB&J, and another Brit that I worked with couldn't stand it... Cultural differences I guess.. :) If you get me some Tetley's Bitter, I'll see if I can find some chocolate that's to your liking :)

You should try some of the small local health food stores. I know, they're a little creepy on the inside, BUT they have that awesome "X% cacoa" chocolate bar stuff. My mom's a fan of it too, and I recommend the 80%, it makes Hershey's Dark look like white. I also found this "Dagoba" (no SW reference intended; there's no h.) bar, it has stuff like ginger and cloves IN the chocolate!

IIRC Hershey's and most American chocolates, at least mass-produced, have high wax content. This makes 'em last longer on shelf and slightly more resiliant to heat, but also affects the taste. Personally, I think Hershey's is fine, though I like the stuff from Germany, Austria and England better.

Yeah anyone ever eat Vegemite? Horrid stuff, I game some to my dog and he pissed on it.

What is it with you limeys (no offense intended, one of my best friends is British)

You do realise that he's Australian & you've called him a limey ... people have died for less :tomato:

I don't think that Brits in general have an aversion to peanut butter (had some myself yesterday) just that we aren't brought up with it as Americans are.

You do realise that he's Australian & you've called him a limey ... people have died for less :tomato:

I don't think that Brits in general have an aversion to peanut butter (had some myself yesterday) just that we aren't brought up with it as Americans are.

At least he didn't confuse him with a Kiwi.USAFMTL,try a small amount of vegemite on a slice of bread well buttered and kind of blend it in.Thats the way I have my lunch sangas.My brother used to eat it out of the jar when we were kids - absolutely foul !!. Also do you know that it is owned/made by you lot now - Kraft.

At least he didn't confuse him with a Kiwi.USAFMTL,try a small amount of vegemite on a slice of bread well buttered and kind of blend it in.Thats the way I have my lunch sangas.My brother used to eat it out of the jar when we were kids - absolutely foul !!. Also do you know that it is owned/made by you lot now - Kraft.

Can't do it man, it tastes like grass clippings. I couldn't get that taste out of my mouth for 2 days.

Yous ever had Fluffernutters?

I think a Fluffernutter is a New England thing. My wife has to ship out a case of Fluff every year to her brother who moved to Colorado and can't find it out there.

I honestly had a fluffernutter two days ago. All nice and warm and gooey, it can't be beat on a cold winter day.

Edited by tank03

Yeah anyone ever eat Vegemite? Horrid stuff, I game some to my dog and he pissed on it.

That's probably why it tasted like dog's piss then :tongue:

Can't do it man, it tastes like grass clippings. I couldn't get that taste out of my mouth for 2 days.

Oh it's not that bad you big wuss! :no: The biggest problem I've seen when non Aussies eat it is that they spread it with a spoon or something (or we give them a liberal spread and take a step back and enjoy the show). But yeah, if you're not Aussie or Kiwi, I guess it's a bit of an acquired taste. It's not like that Marmite/Parwil crap! That stuff is like draining the oil from your car, mixing it with jelly and having someone regurgitate it directly into your mouth! Awww... It's gross!

I'm with Buff on both points, I don't think anyone has the exposure to peanuts like the yanks. ...and people have died for less DW :tongue:

I just found it hilarious that there were something like 20 different types of snickers, Reece's pieces etc and only about two non peanuts types (Kit Kats, Crunch and so on.) where as here, you've got about 20 types of chocolate/choccy-caramel types and snickers will pretty much be the only peanut based snack. But even the chocolate tastes different which is what threw me with the Hersey (Hershey?) bars because they didn't taste like the Hersey bars we have here. One of the Americans on the hike thought it might be that US chocolate is more coco based and Aussie chocolate is more milk based maybe.

On the subject of good Aussie chocolate, if any of you find yourself in Melbourne, check out KokoBlack! They make their chocolate on site and it's incredible! It's like chocolate crack!

Or the reverse, when an English friend of mine was called an Aussie, I thought I'd never hear the end of it.

I can't take much milk chocolate anymore. Only if it's got something else in it, and by that I mean a LOT of something else.

I prefer dark chocolate of all kinds. They stopped making them, but for a short time they made DARK chocolate Reese's cups!! Mmmmm!!!! :biggrin:

As for Hawaii, why would I want to go there? FL is a lot cheaper and has the same weather sans volcanos. :wink:

Guest Saganuay82

We have Mars bars in Canada, now peanut free LOL

I prefer dark chocolate of all kinds. They stopped making them, but for a short time they made DARK chocolate Reese's cups!!

Same here, dark chocolate rawks. I miss those Reeses too.

As for Hawaii, why would I want to go there? FL is a lot cheaper and has the same weather sans volcanos. :wink:

I've been both places, and FL has nothing on HI. Out of all the places in the world where I'd like to live, HI is in the top 2.

You obviously need to use a better grade of fertiliser :biggrin:

You obviously need to use a better grade of fertiliser :biggrin:

Brainwave !!! try applying the vegemite to the lawn.

Brainwave !!! try applying the vegemite to the lawn.

Nah, just attracts the Queenslanders, then you can never get rid of the bastards! :tongue: Queenslanders are bad for your lawn, all that XXXX (four X).

Guest USNadpc

82 Med Cruise on the Ike, waited until we were 12 miles out to get my cigs (quit in 87) and then hit the store and behold, my first experience with a Toblerone bar :yes: ! Nobody is putting peanut butter in my chocolate.