Sign in to follow this  
Shin_kazama

modern, calm, radio comms

i have gotten tired of the stock comms sounds, which kinda sounds like some cowboy yippie-yay-yeah-ing.

got some tower, wignaman, flight comms that nealry resembles modern-day radio comms?

Since we are on the Comms topic what do I go into to change a flight callsign?

i have gotten tired of the stock comms sounds, which kinda sounds like some cowboy yippie-yay-yeah-ing.

got some tower, wignaman, flight comms that nealry resembles modern-day radio comms?

Didn't you ask this question already?

http://forum.combatace.com/index.php?showtopic=23520

Don't post duplicate threads.

FastCargo

What are you, Jimmy Two Times? Gotta get the papers....get the papers.... :wacko:

What are you, Jimmy Two Times? Gotta get the papers....get the papers.... :wacko:

:rofl:

I always wanted to be a gangster.........

polak's comms mods is nice, but mostly consisted of the stock comms slowed a bit plus some radioe interference effect, and some beeps.

polak's comms mods is nice, but mostly consisted of the stock comms slowed a bit plus some radioe interference effect, and some beeps.

so get your mic out and get to work!

Actually, I may do that. I've done voice work in the past and have some decent audio processing software.

Give me two weeks....... :biggrin:

This is one area of the SF series that could use improvement. I spent a weekend a long,l ong time ago exploring the idea and found it would not be difficult to totally redo it. Just time consuming.

It posted this vid back then and, although crude, using clips for the Lybian mig encouter was able to get some decent results. With some work and dedication by a modder the results could be very useful.

Comm Clip

Edited by Deuces

I'd be glad to help QC any draft WIP on this score.

Unfortuneately, I don't have the time to do much work on developing a sound mod.

One thing I would like to see is much better controller comm that replaces the clock code with more accurate bearing and range. I don't know how that would work with the current engine though.

so get your mic out and get to work!

well, i'll give it a try.

as long as the jeepneys stop at night over here.

I keep thinking I should take a solo flight with a piece of paper with all the calls on it, turn on my HUD tape, then say all the lines.

Pull the audio off into a file and let someone else parse it out to make a speech mod.

Depends if my voice is good enough...otherwise, you've got the effects you need already (engine noise, talking into a O2 mask). Heck, I could even pull G's on some calls...so you get a 'realistic' voice under strain...

Let me think about it...

FastCargo

I keep thinking I should take a solo flight with a piece of paper with all the calls on it, turn on my HUD tape, then say all the lines.

Pull the audio off into a file and let someone else parse it out to make a speech mod.

Depends if my voice is good enough...otherwise, you've got the effects you need already (engine noise, talking into a O2 mask). Heck, I could even pull G's on some calls...so you get a 'realistic' voice under strain...

Let me think about it...

FastCargo

Yup. That would be good research material.

Actually, I have a better idea. You should take ME along ;)

Edited by kirbykern

- you can change the callsign, but the game will not "voice" it

- comms has always sucked..."I've got your target" is particularly irksome...no one says that!

- hey Deuces, I still use that BTW!

Let me think about it...

FastCargo

Great idea provided you could handle listening to yourself everytime you play the game.

Great idea provided you could handle listening to yourself everytime you play the game.

Didn't say I'd use it for myself.

FastCargo

I wish I could do my own comms mod but damn strept throat and larengitis is making it difficult to eat let alone talk. Plus the only audio recording I have is on my MP3 player.

Edited by Falcon161

Hey, FC, that would be awesome if u could do that. Deuces. I like that video, its pretty sweet.

Actually, I may do that. I've done voice work in the past and have some decent audio processing software.

Give me two weeks....... :biggrin:

oohh.....

since i dont got one of those softwares, i hope make a nice one...

that would be a nice touch 2 WOE/WOV/SFP SERIES RIGHT?

Tally ho chaps,

To save someone a lot of time and trouble, I have included in my WW2 RAF Speechpack a database file which lists all the SFP1/WoV/Woe speech filenames and a corresponding list of the actual speech each file contains. It's your script, if you like, for recording your own modern comms pack.

Right here:-

http://forum.combatace.com/index.php?autom...p;showfile=5533

If you have any trouble reading the file format, let me know and I'll post it as a Word or Notepad doc.

Cheers,

baltika

Edited by Baltika

Shin_kazama,

There is a unique opportunity for me this Monday. I am solo in a 4 ship formation, so not only will I have communications for me, but for a 4 ship of military jets (plus HUD video).

I mentioned a 'script' I would need to say in order to get authentic voice comm (including jet and mask noise).

However, if you want this, you will need to do some work.

You will need to provide me that script.

Baltika, thanks for the info, that's pretty useful actually.

So, what about it shin...ready to get your hands dirty to help put out a mod?

FastCargo

"There is a unique opportunity for me this Monday. I am solo in a 4 ship formation, so not only will I have communications for me, but for a 4 ship of military jets (plus HUD video)."

I mentioned a 'script' I would need to say in order to get authentic voice comm (including jet and mask noise).''

Looks like I got here too late on this one. Let me know when you could try it again. I'll try write your script.

I hope you recorded it anyway.

How are you recording this? The way I've done it in the past is to stick a lapel mic into the earcup. That way you're getting the real sounds you hear in flight.

I could do a similar set of recordings for the WW-2 mods (with prop noise) I suppose.

Our T-38Cs have HUD tapes which record all transmissions (both UHF/VHF plus Guard and intercom)...plus the HUD video of course.

So I just took my HUD tape, and copyed it to a MPEG file (over 2 GB in size).

I actually did do the script for the most part, based on what I could remember.

But the video file is 2+ GB in size...I probably will use Windows Movie Maker to reduce it down, plus reorient it vertically.

Due to weather, we cancelled our first couple of gos, so I ended up flying a 2 ship solo 3rd go.

Thanks for the offer, but I really wanted ol shin_kazama there to provide me with...start contributing to the community instead of just always asking or wanting.

FastCargo

I see. Now things are making sense.

Anyway, maybe you should consider trying to just do audio from your flight sometime. I always wanted to know how much ambient wind noise there is in a tactical jet cockpit...if any. In your helmet that is.

Just a thought. Good luck with windows movie maker. I hear it can sometimes be a bear. I'd like a copy....

Edited by Sixgun