Now that I've gone to the trouble of doing the panel lines for the wings of a Martlet I, I'd like to be able to use them.

I've been wondering what kind of changes to ini files are needed to create a Martlet I and II. I think that the first three versions of the Martlet all used the same powerplant and were mainly distinguished by different armourment. The Martlet I was fixed-winged and had four guns with spacing between them. The Marlet II's wings were folding and it had 6 guns. The Martlet III had fixed-wings and four guns in pairs.

If its only a matter of changing the number and location of the guns, I have a good set of panel lines for the wings of all three versions.

LloydNB

Edited by LloydNB

One for Wrench to answer methinks. He's done a fine job with various versions of the Mustang and Corsair so far.

Well, I'm not exactly sure...the -3 Wildcats (probably Martlet 1) didn't have folding wings and only 4 50 cals. That what I did when I made the early war -3; just commented out the outer guns and wing fold.

The -4 and later (not including the FM-2, with a larger tail fin) had folding wings and 6 50s....

The hard part is to figure out with was the FAA versions...

If it'd help, I have the Sqadr/Signal "Fleet Air Arm" book on pdf somewhere... also good for skins :biggrin:

You know there's a cheat on all of pasko's skins....the righ and left wings are mapped identically. If you do one, all you need is to flip it (horizontally?? me thinks...), and rename the resultant bmp as right or left, depending on where you started. That's how I did the KM Stuka, F-80, F-94 and a couple others...

Cheating is sometimes cool.. :ok:

Wrench

kevn stein

Hi Wrench

Sorry to get distracted from completing the Vichy DB7! I'll get right back to it. I might do a range of skins for the Martlet (ie. desert, light grey and North Atlantic) but I'm particularly interested in adding to the North Africa skins available. I see there is only one SM79 skin so far, so I might try my hand at that next.

LloydNB

Edited by LloydNB

that's ok...I been fiddling with MiGs instead of finishing off the hawk 75.

I don't have a template for the SM79, perhaps Capun or charles does. Altough time consuming, it's relitavely easy to make one from an existing skin (although the fabric surfaces still has me mostly stumped).

did you get my pm???

Wrench

kevin stein