Sign in to follow this  
Canadair

NEW VIETNAMSEA TERRAIN; MODDERS PLEASE READ

Actually new, is really not true.

I just like my modded Vietnamsea terrain and would like to share.

It is a patchwork of the follwing works from the following authors

Deuces tiles, and trees for vietnamsea

Trees from Brain32 latest vietnam repaint

Adapted Vietnam data for the abovementioned tilesets.

Vietnam targets; includes:

Target areas from the Steeltiger campaign.

Target areas form the YAP freeware version (downloaded a while ago here on combatace)

Other target areas by me, including truck-farms and truck convoys (static sadly)

Target types to accomodate various targets required for the abovementioned inis.

Requires Infantry pack (from kesselbrut) and Zil trucks pack , (whch are scattered in truck areas, but I would like to scatter more. Sam trailers aroud sam sites do work for imemrsion) and arty M-101 as wel

I also would like to add a new gundata.ini with more lethal flak. (which needs more experiments; it is a file I relesed before summer)

As I said , nothing is from me. All what I did was putting the pieces toghter and getting a terrain that:

-generates mission directed to "more historical targets" as trucks or truck farm along hochiminh trail.

-It is fully covered with tress making nap of the earth flying fun and varied. (also with helicopters)

-has even more AAA; all the new target areas include AAA sites.

-works particualary well with lates campaigs "Tet68" and "SteelTiger" ( to the later due to a specific movement.ini I decided to dedicate a specific terrain install )

I like the colors on deuces terrain a little bit more than Brain 32 repaint; (don't be angry please brain!)

So in order to release this terrain and share the fun with everyone, and hopefully have feedback and work out some issues that might have escaped me, I need permission from all the author of the above mentioned mods.

Please let me know here on the thread if you agree to a complete repacking of the terrain which might include some of yuor works.

obvioulsy everything is FOR FREE.

Please let me know

Gabriele

Will post pic of the terrain in action, maybe tomorrow

Edited by atrdriver

Guest capun

The M-101 artillery could be ours, if so contact us at

capun1950 (at) Yahoo (dot) com

The M-101 artillery could be ours, if so contact us at

capun1950 (at) Yahoo (dot) com

Dear capun

I actually think it is yours; it is the one downloadable from combatace; but I was not planning of including it in the package.

Actually the target areas that call for this item are coming from TeTet.'s SteelTiger campaign

Guest zerocinco

"Target areas form the YAP freeware version (downloaded a while ago here on combatace)"

Anything that is public is public and were meant for people to play with. Anything that came out in the commercial version was meant to raise money for further development and is, therefore, restricted.

Enjoy yourself. We have...while cursing, testing, cursing, testing, jumping up and down when we got something right, then cursing when we tweaked it and screwed it up again and forgot how we did it the first time.

Guest zerocinco

And I fully agree with you that Deuces terrain is more correct vis-a-vis the way Southeast Asia looks from the air in reality.

And I fully agree with you that Deuces terrain is more correct vis-a-vis the way Southeast Asia looks from the air in reality.

It is just a matter of tastes; actually Brain32's TODS files are brilliant!

Pics coming shortly

And as for yap; well I managed to download missions and enhacements when they were on Combatace.

Of course they must just pre-pre-releases.

And if you recall I asked you to join YAP team in some form.

Do you confirm I can release a vietnam_target that includes some of the target areas included in YAP pre-pre-release?

img00037.jpg

From an A-37 attacking NVA positions (courtesy of steel tiger beta campaing of Tetet); it is quite fun to strafe or bomb and then escape in betwwen mountains with trees under you

From a B-26K gunsight attacking Sampans positions

img00030.jpg

A pic from slightly above

img00029.jpg

and down low again

img00022.jpg

and lower: it is fun attacking vehicles and NVA or VC troops, hiding in the middle of trees, etc etc

img00023.jpg

My point is that the trees scattered all over the place, combined with good positions of target areas, make for a much more fun nap of earth experience.

Will post more, perhaps showing fast movers low level, or on final approach. (every pilots wonders why there are ALWAYS trees around runways thresholdS?)

oh and I forgot to say that the Vietnam_sea that I dlike to relases includes also Railways stations , I think from Gepard.

Or they were YAP?

I don't know

Can someone ask Gepard?

Again, I haven't done actually; I have just put things toghter.

Edited by atrdriver

Yeah those damn satellites just make up photos anyway :wink:

Exactly what do you meand deuces "what's amiss"? sorry, I am not mothertongue english

If you mean what is wrong nothing; I just like how my Vietnamterrain is coming along with all addons from you and the other modders, and I dlike to share as a complete neat package.

And yes trees are familiar, obviously they are yours as mentioned before! It was yours the first package for trees in Wov!

And btw I don't have the tall trees thoguh

Guest zerocinco

They do take them at a particular time, right? And they take them on clear days, too, right? Been there much?

Exactly what do you meand deuces "what's amiss"? sorry, I am not mothertongue english

If you mean what is wrong nothing; I just like how my Vietnamterrain is coming along with all addons from you and the other modders, and I dlike to share as a complete neat package.

And yes trees are familiar, obviously they are yours as mentioned before! It was yours the first package for trees in Wov!

And btw I don't have the tall trees thoguh

I am re-reading this post and it really sound offensive. I don't mean it thoguh, seriously.

Hope you understand Deuces; thanks for all yuor mods

Zerocinco

No, not mission or "telling a story" in YAP fashion

Just sharing with community my terrain which I do like. I need permission from Deuces and from Tetet. and then I can package the release

You can safely use anything you find that is originally from me in the SteelTiger campaign. The M-101 should not be included in the zip but be a separate download from here.