Sign in to follow this  
sinbad

Hans Udet Jasta 37

I have been asked to skin the D.Va flown by Hans Udet with Jasta 37. If anyone has images or other data which might be useful, I'd like to have it. I have two great renderings by Mark Miller, which I am reluctant to post. I no longer have a link to the DL I got them from either. They are no longer up on his site. These show a natural wood finish fuselage. Another source suggests there was an all silver version.

But wait! That is not the end of the story, as I also have an excellent profile by R.N. Pearson, which depicts a version with a black fuselage.

Of course, all have the B/W striped tails of Jasta 37.

Udet flew many aircraft so it is possible that all are correct in some measure or other.

In any event, if you have anything, please send me a PM.

Thanks.

Edited by sinbad

Sinbad - see my PM - and here is a link to a model site that appears to have an accurate representation.

Here is my WIP of Udet Jasta 37, black bird. Should be done tomorrow.

Thanks for the help, and a special thanks to Gumpy!

Sinbad - see my PM - and here is a link to a model site that appears to have an accurate representation.

I find no link other than the MM in the sig. Am I missing something?

The newly amended version 1.1 of the Udet "Black Bird" is now up. Please check if you downloaded version 1.0 as there was a minor error and a quick revision.

Thanks to Barkhorn1x for the inspiration and help. I may take a break from skinning to fly more now.

Have fun, and please send along any data (especially links) which might help improve this skin.

Well, as I said the wing markings were provisional. With great help from barkhorn1x (and some old Red baron files o serve as guides) I may have finally gotten these right.

It's a good thing my wife was out tonight!. Please let me know if you agree, and I will post the revisions as v 1.2

I will post soon. Meanwhile, another chapter in Hans Udet jasta 37 saga unfolds. Here's my take on the Woody version --

Just after I posted my latest revision of the Udet Black Bird, a copy of Osprey Albtros Aces came in the mail. Being a hopeless compulsive (don't laugh, it made it possible to retire!) I just had to do another revision of the lower wing logo. The screenie is here. I DK how to post just the lower wing BMP, but if you want just that to avoid the full DL, send me a PM and I'll get one off you.

Now off for swimming and a bit of wine. I've spent a lot of time with Photoshop these past few days.

Edited by sinbad

Perfection is always a goal. I'm glad you think this one came close.