Sign in to follow this  
sinbad

Hans Udet Jasta 37 "Black Bird"

File Name: Hans Udet Jasta 37 "Black Bird"

File Submitter: sinbad

File Submitted: 1 Dec 2007

File Category: WW1 Aircraft

This skin depicts the camo and markings on a black Albatros D.Va flown by Lt Hans Udet, then JAFU, Jasta 37, operating out of Wynghene Aerodrome in early 1918. Udet flew many aircraft, and this appears to be one of at least three D.Va types he used at Jasta 37. I relied most heavily on an excellent profile by R.N. Pearson as well as other material.

You may want to visit Mr. Pearsons web site:

http://www.jastaboelcke.de/artwork/artwork.htm#

The markings on the upper and lower wings are provisional, as they were made without the benefit of any photos or drawings. I relied instead on a careful description provided by Barkhorn1x. The result you see is entirely my own, and my time machine is no longer operational. This is an interpretation, a well-grounded interpretation, but certainly a mix of accuracy and flaws.

Have fun with it. I’d appreciate any comments, especially with links to source material.

Just drop the folder in your AlbatrosD5a folder and select Hans Udet Shawartz in the loadout screen. The name reads Hans Udet Schwartz because this is the black bird (Schwarz is German for black). There may be other Hans Udet D.Va J 37 skins.

There is no need to edit the AlbD5a ini.

Please no distribution or republication.

sinbad © 2007

Click here to download this file