Sign in to follow this  
Viggen

Ace Combat anyone?

I'm interested as to who plays Namco's Ace Combat series of arcade flight games. Also what have you got when it comes to scores? Are you a member of an online squadron such as the 156th Tactical Fighter Wing 'Aquila' or Sins and Saints? Which games do you have?

Well to answer those questions:

Online Squadron: Yes, Blue 15, Callsign:Viggen, Aquila Wing, Blue Squadron

Games: Ace Combat 2, Ace Combat 04 Skies of Deseption, Ace Combat 5 Unsung War, Ace Combat Zero The Belkan War, Ace Combat 6 Fires of Liberation

Only use Ace difficulty.

And some sites: http://forums.namcobandaigames.com/forumdisplay.php?f=9

http://acecombatskies.com/

http://z8.invisionfree.com/Aquila_Wing/index.php

I plan on getting a 360 after the GPU is scaled down (hoping to avoid any RRODs) and AC6 is one I plan on getting at that point.

I've thought about getting AC-X for my PSP, too.

I'm into them all, although, I'm not really a big fan of how they're making them more character driven stories now. I was (am) a massive fan of Ace 4 Distant Thunder (or whatever it's name is over there) and I enjoyed Ace 5, but I just wanted to shoot some of the characters, especially F^&%$*g Pixy in Ace Zero!!! I was kinda hoping they'd have extended the aircraft modifications in Ace Combat X to all of the aircraft, not just the fictional ones, but you can't have everything I guess. I'm looking forward to the new Xbox live Ace mp!

I went to pick up my copy today because the cute Jessica Alba looking chick who works at the EB in Adelaide there said it would be in by today, but Nada. Next Wednesday now. And no, I'm not telling porky pies, she really does look like Jessica Alba. I'm willing to bet sales have gone up sharply since she's been there! :biggrin:

I have AC-X for the PSP. Pretty good. As arcade as I expected though...

Pilot Academy for the PSP is a much better FLYING game...

FastCargo

I have to agree with SayWhat?! on the wing men. That stupid Nagase wouldn't STFU! She is talking like a hippy and yet is killing people. :rolleyes: Out of all of them I'd say Ace Combat 04 Shattered Skies (Distant Thunder) was best.

I'm a fan of the A/C series; got all of 'em from Air Combat to Zero, sans AC3 (not very appealing) and am hoping to pick up 6 in the near future. Sometimes just blowing s**t up with 80 missiles and no g-limits is a good way to unwind. Also didn't like Nagase in 5; I wish there was a third option for radio responses along the lines of "No one cares, shut up." I've heard that online play with 6 isn't that great, mostly people using long range missiles, getting in range, firing and turning back. Any truth to that?

Hi I just registered on this great forum and I see there are other people who like ace combat , I've played the all but only the second game has stayed in my heart, it has a rather good story but the music is fantastic the scenario I love it :yes:

Also didn't like Nagase in 5; I wish there was a third option for radio responses along the lines of "No one cares, shut up."

:rofl: OMG that is hilarious but so damn true! It got to a point where I yelled at the game "Stop talking! This is a F'in war! Shut the hell up you whiny sorry excuses for pilots!!!". But I enjoyed that Game and loved the Different Aircraft like the FB-22! which was cool! I let my friend borrow it but still have AC0 which i play when Im not on WOV or Half Life 2

:rofl: OMG that is hilarious but so damn true! It got to a point where I yelled at the game "Stop talking! This is a F'in war! Shut the hell up you whiny sorry excuses for pilots!!!".

That's exactly how I was for that bloody PJ in Ace Zero. What a jip you don't get to 'accidentally' instigate some blue on blue on that guy! Like how he gives you his bio at the start of the excaliber mission. Who cares if he likes polo?! It's "SILENCE!! I KEEEEEL YOU" time!

Finally played AC6 online, and was quite happy with the results. Not too much standoff stuff goin' on, and the missiles are harder to dodge, and I did pretty darn good to top it off.

That's exactly how I was for that bloody PJ in Ace Zero. What a jip you don't get to 'accidentally' instigate some blue on blue on that guy! Like how he gives you his bio at the start of the excaliber mission. Who cares if he likes polo?! It's "SILENCE!! I KEEEEEL YOU" time!

Then your going to love Shamrock in AC6.

i've played all except the last one (i haven't got a 360), and i must say that the 3 was great in jpanese version.....

but the european was really crap......

however i enjoyed all of them, and i hope to get a 360 ASAP to play also AC6

see you ....

and be careful at 6 o'clock

As soon as it comes to it's rightful platform, meaning the PS3, I will get it! I know it's coming out for PS3 but dont know when.

As soon as it comes to it's rightful platform, meaning the PS3, I will get it! I know it's coming out for PS3 but dont know when.

Its not. Sorry. Namco has said it is an EXCLUSIVE.

They said timed exclusive, I read it in a gaming Magazine that has never steered me wrong. Plus I dont think Namco has turned to the Darkside yet! LOL sorry man im a PS3 fanboy no offense lol!

No surprise :rolleyes:

Meh. Just stay away from my Mirage 2000-5 in AC6.

Then your going to love Shamrock in AC6.

$^&*ing Shamrock! I wish I have a Veritech so I could transform, grab his plane and use him as a shield against those XMAA 6s! :biggrin: To be fair though, his family did get killed... ...or went into witness protection to get away from the "Yak Yak Yak!"

PS. Has anyone here tried the downloadable content? I've been dying to check out the new planes but my Xbox does funny things online...

I have some of the content. I NEED the

Su-33

Yellow

Any differences??

Really manueverable. Not so much armor. There is a stealthy F-14D with a Halloween camo which has a smaller payload. The Mobius 1 F-22A can be killed in about 2 shots from the gun. DO NOT do the Chandelier in that!

Got any pics of those aircraft? Now that you have described them I have to see them!