Sign in to follow this  
Wireman

AI Bombing

I am making a single mission with the AviatikC2 as an Strike on a parked BE2c. I have gotten the C2 to fly the route but it flies over the target and goes on its way back to base without dropping a bomb. Below is what I have planned presently, what am I doing incorrectly? Many thanks.

[AircraftMission002]

AircraftType=AviatikC2

Name=two seater

FormationType=Single

Texture=K2

Squadron=-1

AircraftNumber=-1

Size=1

RandomChance=100

MissionType=strike

ObjectiveID=41

RatingForSuccess=100

StartOnGround=FALSE

CarrierBased=FALSE

Position=137015,114341,300

StartTime=5

Heading=265

Speed=45.00

Alignment=ENEMY

AmmoPercent=100

FuelPercent=50

Loadout=Bombs

TracerMixRatio=50

PilotTrainingStandard=EXCELLENT

TargetArea=

Nation=GERMANY

Waypoint[01].Position=135166,113965,075

Waypoint[01].Speed=75.00

Waypoint[01].Size=200

Waypoint[01].Command=WAYPOINT

Waypoint[01].Objective=TRUE

Waypoint[02].Position=134465,114180,075

Waypoint[02].Speed=75.00

Waypoint[02].Size=200

Waypoint[02].Command=INITIAL_POINT

Waypoint[02].Objective=TRUE

Waypoint[03].Position=134382,114206,075

Waypoint[03].Speed=75.00

Waypoint[03].Size=200

Waypoint[03].Command=ATTACK_OBJECT

Waypoint[03].Objective=TRUE

Waypoint[04].Position=145654,122839,100

Waypoint[04].Speed=75.00

Waypoint[04].Size=200

Waypoint[04].Command=WAYPOINT

Waypoint[04].Objective=TRUE

Waypoint[05].Position=151274,123245,0

Waypoint[05].Speed=75.00

Waypoint[05].Size=200

Waypoint[05].Command=LAND_TOUCHDOWN

Waypoint[05].Objective=TRUE

not trying to insult your intelligence but if your using the newest expansion for first eagles you'll need to adjust the Aviatics loadout to use stock bombs as untill a new weapons editor is released addon weapons won't work.baring that problem I can't help out much more.

not trying to insult your intelligence but if your using the newest expansion for first eagles you'll need to adjust the Aviatics loadout to use stock bombs as untill a new weapons editor is released addon weapons won't work.baring that problem I can't help out much more.

Thanks for the reply. No, You would have to try harder to insult my intelligence. By my searches of the forum, the weapons editor issue is where I thought the problem was. I just wanted to make sure. Thanks again.

Guest Charles

A number of add-on aircraft need changes to their ordnance loads (which is set in the relevant _Loadout.INI file) to work with the Expansion Pack's weapons, but the Aviatik is not one of them. The AviatikC2_Laodout. INI file reads:

[bombs]

DefaultFor=STRIKE,CAS,ARMED_RECON

Loadout[01].WeaponType=Bomb11kg

Loadout[01].Quantity=4

The 11kg bomb is a standard German bomb, which is part of the Expansion Pack as well as the original FE.

The Expansion Pack made a number of changes to the way the AI flies, and the problem may be with that section in the Aviatik's Data.INI file. Open the AviatikC2_Data.INI file and find the [AIData] section. Delete this whole section:

from [AIData]

...down to...MaxPitchCombat=30.0

The Aviatik will then use the (new) standard AI provided by the Expansion Pack, not that specific one (which does not have entries for some of the parameters introduced by the Expansion Pack).

Try that and see if it works.

If it still doesn't work, it is probably the mission, not the Aviatik. Try the mission with a stock aircraft (DFW C5 or AEG G4) and see if that works.

I am not very experienced in mission-building, but do you need to designate the actual target in some way in the mission (*.MSN) file? Perhaps the AI does not have the idea that it should bomb at those coordinates.

Edited by Charles