Sign in to follow this  

Hi i bought this game a while ago after having had great fun with CFS3.

I have downloaded and read all the tutorials i can find for this game but i still cant seem to shoot anything down lol.

Im going to uninstall this game unless i can get to grips with it. Please can someone give me an idea of tactics etc?

So far i have had one sidewinder kill and a gun kill. I cant even get a radar misile to lock on let alone fire it lol.

With sidewinder i select the missile get the bogey in the sight till i get the high pitched sound and fire but allways seem to miss :(

Any help would be most appreciated

Guest Sony Tuckson

check your game settings

maybe you put it too hard

try the easy mode...

btw real dogfighting is not easy neither :wink:

theres several articals on the radar and employing AtoA weapons as well as some on air to ground delivery.the radar is fairly simple once you get the hang of it...be warned it is not nearly as advanced as todays.look here in the data base and also at simhq..for air to ground practice install the range.

Yeah Smudge, make sure you understand the radar and the keyboard keys used to select and lock on to a target, espesially for a Beyond Visual Range, "BVR", shot with the sparrows. That caused me a bit of frustration till all of a sudden the light went on... :oops:

Simple rule of thumb in tactics...if your in a phantom, dont dogfight Migs unless you know what your doing. Open the range and nail 'em with a missile, you can always outrun them. If your in a Mig, try to get in close and draw them into a turn fight. Then use the Migs' guns. If they start to run away and you think their going to "missile" you, head for the deck and RUUUUUUNNNN! Live to fight another day...

Thanks for all the help guys i wasnt using the bore site mode before was hapilly shooting down migs all last night :twisted: :twisted: now to step up to one of the harder levels :oops:

Put the RADAR mode toggle on your joystick. That will allow you to toggle from Boresite to Ground Radar to Search Radar while flying. It's important when flying bombing missions where you may have to break off to attack and aircraft on the way to the target.

There are others things like Boresite that will help as well. I put the command to "SELECT NEAREST TARGET" and things like that on my joystick to cycles thru all the targets around me...Friend or Foe. By doing this, I gain a bettter situational awareness of what's around me...becasue it too hard to see visually.

Fates

Have put a lot of the radar and weapon commands on the joystick already as i am used to having this in CFS3. I have however been having difficulty in selecting another target after shooting down a mig. The game apears to hold the target until the aircraft has crashed. what command are you using to select nearest available target???

Soryy for all the questions now i have seen a glint of light i want more hehe