Sign in to follow this  
Wrench

F-94B Starfire, 449thFIS Skin and Upgrade Pak

F-94B Starfire, 449thFIS Skin and Upgrade Pak

F-94B "Starfire" 449th FIS Skin, Decal & Ini Updates for SF, WoV & WoE

Hello Fellow Fliers!!

This little package will update the original skin for the 449th FIS, by adding new individual aircraft serial and buzz numbers for 26 aircraft. There are also 2 replacement skin bmps, as I had to repaint them to remove the painted on lettering.

It is designed to =replace= the existing skin, with the addition of the new decals. Some of the original decals are reused, and therefore are NOT included. See below in the "TO INSTALL" section for full instructions.

This will give you a nice skin, with the Arctic Red trim for those especially cold climates...such as found in Alaska or NW America. --- and let me tell, ya it really looks good against the snowy backgrounds!!!

Historical accuracy is ONLY claimed on the first 4 serial & buzz numbers, as they were the only ones I had photos of.

Also included is an updated data ini and the cockpit ini that will allow you to use the F-86D cockpit in your Starfire. The cockpit itself is NOT included, you'll have to copy over the cockpit folder from your Sabre-Dog. All inis and a few usefull bmps are provided, to make the switch over as easy as possible. This is Lexx_Luthor's fix, and all credit goes to him :good:

PLEASE!!!! read the enclosed readme for full, detailed, step-by-step instructions, and listing of credits.

Enjoy!

Wrench

Kevin Stein

I forgot to mention, this was made with Major Lee's DBS mod in mind.

Next Up: upgraded 75th FIS F-89D Scorpion, with WORKING A-A unguided rockets!!!

It's a repaint of the original skin, with new decals and inis. Weapons editor work will be necessary, so get ready...

Time Frame: Less than 2 weeks!!

Wrench

kevin stein

This is a nice supplement.

Looking forward to the F-89 package as well.

Thanks Streak!

The only thing I'm really having trouble with for the D (and the J I built off it), is a constant slow pitch up. Been tweeking the CG position, it seems to help, but I think Monty's old bird neds more help!!

I just need better pictures for the J.....(both versions, with rocket pod tips and with fuel tanks)

Wrench

Kevin Stein