Sign in to follow this  
Silverbolt

Ballistic missiles

so... its possible,make a Ballistic missile? :dntknw:

Edited by Silverbolt

Hmm... maybe (and I am just guessing) as a plane... Kinda like V-2 were made in few sims (EAW)

But I'd prefer artillery system:-)

IDK. It would be cool to see one go flying off. Maybe it could be the made as the deadliest SAM ever!

I'm working on making the ASM-135 ASAT useing the AGM-78 as a stand in though.

In the current versions SAM can't target ground objects... A SAM capable of firing surface-2-surface missile could do the trick

as a aircraft?

but it have to commite suicide(flying at mach 10)

In the current versions SAM can't target ground objects... A SAM capable of firing surface-2-surface missile could do the trick

Well I ment that since the game wouldn't allow a surface to surface missile then why not use them as extreme long range SAMs? Just an idea...

Meh, I commit suicide all the time in the game! Stupid Badgers would't die from .50 cal! :rofl:

Edited by JA 37 Viggen

We already have working Kytusha's....

An IRBM should be buildable

Wrench

kevin stein

FOBS????

I'd also like to amend the previous statement on the Kytushas....we also have working SSMs on the ships, as well as land based (ie: Silkworms)

Wrench

kevin stein

Some one a long time ago posted polaris launches on the simhq ( sorry for mentioning the name)may have been more than a year ago try the search and see

Some one a long time ago posted polaris launches on the simhq ( sorry for mentioning the name)may have been more than a year ago try the search and see

That would be me....and that was about 30 months ago... :rolleyes:

xD somewone interested in?600px-Minuteman_III_MIRV_path.svg.png

Yeah I wish. Wait a second... If I use the AGM-78 then give it a nuclear weapon and give it cluster munitions...we could have an Air Launched MIRV!

Yeah I wish. Wait a second... If I use the AGM-78 then give it a nuclear weapon and give it cluster munitions...we could have an Air Launched MIRV!

:blink: Nuke clusters!

lool it cames from a diabolic evil mind, but very good this ideia :biggrin:

well i was thinking 1st in intercept some SS-18 Satan with ASAT(ok, its a anti-satellite missile) but i think is more funny intercept yourself

Edited by Silverbolt

:blink: Nuke clusters!

lool it cames from a diabolic evil mind, but very good this ideia :biggrin:

well i was thinking 1st in intercept some SS-18 Satan with ASAT(ok, its a anti-satellite missile) but i think is more funny intercept yourself

ASAT...uhh I don't see an ASAT around here*whistles in corner*

Edited by JA 37 Viggen

Yeah...Silverbolt check your PM.

I have just the place to launch these nuke mirvs...

If a BM could be made pounded out of an AI aircraft, a SAM could be molded into ABM.

take alot of pounding though.

As experiment, I once set up player MiG-21F at 200km and super high speed. At mission start I had ZERO IAS but was moving across the map. Eventually I started tumbling downwards, IAS going positive and negative, me entering black and red outs alternately. I finally pulled out of the tumble and recovered at maybe 2km altitude. I do believe the true speed slowed as I entered the deep atmosphere (otherwise I'd hit the ground). The atmosphere modelling is all there, but the heat and structural modelling on the aircraft are missing.