Sign in to follow this  
JKstar

How can I tell apart which missile is fired at me?

My wingmans just shout at me "He is firing a missile!" or "Missile launch!" when a bandit fired a missile. :dntknw:

So, in every air combat, I wasted a lot of chaff, flares, what's worse, even the best chance to shoot down the bandit on my nose because I couldn't tell apart which missile is fired at me.

My wingmans just shout at me "He is firing a missile!" or "Missile launch!" when a bandit fired a missile. :dntknw:

So, in every air combat, I wasted a lot of chaff, flares, what's worse, even the best chance to shoot down the bandit on my nose because I couldn't tell apart which missile is fired at me.

Use the COMM mod found in the download section so that the a/c's number gets called out as well. (i.e. "One, missile launch"). If there are mutiple flights, you can still be confused as to which "One" they are refering to, but it does reduce the number of calls you have to pay attention to.

Use the COMM mod found in the download section so that the a/c's number gets called out as well. (i.e. "One, missile launch"). If there are mutiple flights, you can still be confused as to which "One" they are refering to, but it does reduce the number of calls you have to pay attention to.

That is a superb mod, it even tells you to, "Break right" or "Break left".

looks cool is it in the objects mods or.....??

An excellent mod! Don't fly over Hanoi without it... :smile:

I second Bulldog, especially like the new(?) "break left-right" voices...

Anyway seems to me, there are utilised some stock(?) calls I haven't heard till now

Great job Deuces and USAFMTL :yes: really nice

there are quite a few mods that maybe do not get the attention they deserve because I think most of us have a tendency to go see what pretty airplanes are up, but to really get a the sweet spot, one has to search around

there are quite a few mods that maybe do not get the attention they deserve because I think most of us have a tendency to go see what pretty airplanes are up, but to really get a the sweet spot, one has to search around

Agreed! The first mod I ever tried was the ini edit that got rid of the radar from the upper right of the screen. Not spectacular by modding standards, but that damn radar always seemed to be in the way and I don't think I'd still be playing if I couldn't get rid of it. It's the little things that add up to big things.

I agree, there have been many small mods that really tweak the game to be real user friendly, but get passed over because they arent descriptive enough or get lost because there wasnt a centralized download site. Before CA, SimHq was the focal point for mods, but nothing was done as a cohesive working group. Trying to key word search for a certain mod (like the voice/comms mod and radar screen removal mod) is difficult enough, but looking through 5-10 sites for it, drives you nuts.

Storm

especially back at WhineHQ prior to the patches...one had to wade through "when is patch 2 coming out" for like 36 threads to find anything useful

I agree, there have been many small mods that really tweak the game to be real user friendly, but get passed over because they arent descriptive enough or get lost because there wasnt a centralized download site.

Ususally some of my small mods like this one Storm are more or less investigations into "possibilities". This one was exactly that. I just wanted to see if it could be done. USAFMTL is much better at making them public since he's less lazy, I tend to just say "eh. here's what I got...someone else can take it further if they want" :yes:

I have a tendency to bore easily and it is typically driven by the fact that I've run outta booze. I need a closer liqour store :biggrin:

CA_Stary..they are stock sounds. There are plenty of them that are not used in the.

Ususally some of my small mods like this one Storm are more or less investigations into "possibilities". This one was exactly that. I just wanted to see if it could be done. USAFMTL is much better at making them public since he's less lazy, I tend to just say "eh. here's what I got...someone else can take it further if they want" :yes:

That was more of my point. There were so many new things coming out all at once, it was hard to keep up with everything. Thanks to guys like you and so many other modders, this sim has lasted a long time and is getting better with every release.

Storm