Sign in to follow this  
tank03

UFO's: Have you seen one?

I know this is kind of weird but I just read a book about UFO's in the waiting room of my dentists office (had wisdom teeth out-OUCH).

Anyway, there was quite a list of UFO sightings involving pilots (UFO in the sense that they didn't know what it was, not that they thought it was aliens) and given the number of aviators here I thought somebody might have seen something they couldn't explain at one time or another; again, stressing that they don't think it's aliens, they just don't know what it was.

So, anyone seen something they thought was weird?

Personally, I don't believe in the "alien" explanation for something that can't be ID'd; seems absurd to me. Hell, I've got stuff in my fridge that I can't ID, but I don't think aliens put it there.

The closest thing I've every seen was an interesting effect (can't think of the name) where car headlights are bounced off clouds at JUST the right angle to produce a "glowing flying saucer" moving across the sky. Took me a few minutes to figure out what it was.

I've also seen aircraft with their landing lights on at some angles that really looked weird, but after a few minutes it was obvious what it was.

But, no, I've never seen anything that I could not eventually identify.

I never was a pilot or anything, but I saw something weird back in 05 while walking to my univ. one morning. I was just about to cross a street near the railroad tracks when up in the early morning sky I saw this really shiny thing "floating" slowly away from me, towards where the sun was rising. It was really shiny..I'm talking about chrome shiny. It almost looked like a floating drop of mercury. It made no sound that I could hear (asides from chirping birds) and it was pretty high up there. I looked at it for a couple of seconds, and then continued on my way.

I went to college in Macon, Georgia, which is about 15miles away from Robin's Air Force Base. The city also has a local airport, so this object could have very well be an airplane or anything else. I'm not saying it was an alien space craft, but it's something I didn't know what it was (which isn't a big shock cuz my knowledge of flying things isn't extensive, lol)

One one very-late night car trip, I once saw a hair-thin line of white streak across the sky three or four times withing the space of about two seconds. It could not have been lightning, as it was a clear night; I remember looking at Orion's Belt. However, I may just have been hallucinating.

Saw one tailing an airliner near my local airport. I called them and they said there was a strange radar signature following the craft at the time. They never figured out what it was. All I know is that it was green and FAST!

Thought I saw one once when I was on Cape Cod. Turned out to be an F-15 at high altitiude.

I can't recall seeing a thing I've not figured out. Of course, I don't spend a lot of time outdoors, so... :grin:

One one very-late night car trip, I once saw a hair-thin line of white streak across the sky three or four times withing the space of about two seconds. It could not have been lightning, as it was a clear night; I remember looking at Orion's Belt. However, I may just have been hallucinating.

That happened to me too. I was driving to Green Bay and then I looked up the sky and saw the Orion's Belt, some thing fast

fly across the sky. Yeah but it was a shooting star. Wait :tomato:S HOOTING STAR!!!!!

Yeah but it was a shooting star

I've seen a couple of shooting stars, gotta say i love seeing them.

Asfor UFOs, i once say a light in the sky, probably a plane...not sure really, just one white light moving across the sky no other lights.

I know someone who claims that saw one

I've seen object in the sky I could not identify (I guess that is truly the genesis of an unidentified flying object eh?)

I recall one late evening in my youth... lying on the front lawn with a couple of buddies (No alcohol or drugs in use FWIW)... All of us observed two glowing objects at a high altitude flying directly at each other on the same trajectory path. At the point where they intersected, there was a momentary glow (We thought they collieded)... however after the initial glow, one glowing object continued on it's original flight path... Never could figure out what we saw.

Another instance just this summer while Walleye fishing in Superior Wisconsin (way up nor't)... My wife and I watched a non-decrepit glowing object dart about the sky... If it weren't for the speed transitioning from one direction to the next, I would have quickly written it off as a jet aircraft... but the sudden changes in direction and the speed in which it did it... I can say for a fact it was no jet aircraft.

So do any of you people think there's a possibility that aliens are flying around on earth?

So do any of you people think there's a possibility that aliens are flying around on earth?

While I have a hard time believing earth is the only planet to support life... I have a an equally hard time believing that if there were other sentinel beings we would not have been introduced to them already. (Well... knowing some people I do... they may be choosing not to interact with us.)

Hmmmmmmm.... Aliens fly more than billions of light years to go here and check out Earth then leave?? Come on?

I mean even with a worm hole, it still takes thousands of years to get here? I don't think so. Please lets not become

a I am right and you are wrong thread. Please. I am just saying. Maybe it is the governments or some weird thing

about Earth we don't know about.

onetime think one 737 landing gear light was a Alien... but it cames in my direction(but it really was looking a static light)

btw, i ever look to the skies evry night , so i try to found a alien or something who can fly, but the f***in City`s brightness cant let me watch nothing......

Edited by Silverbolt

I saw Saint Elmo's fire on planes a couple of times, and once me and my dad were flying curcits during twilight and we saw a something come in really fast and really low with no lights on. It zoomed past us at 9 O'clock low, climbed over a hill and dissapeared. We asked the tower what it was and they said that we were the only airborne aircraft within 30 miles of the airport. (*play music from twilight zone*)

Yeah, I've seen a UFO.

It was right after I was hit in the head by a frying pan.

I saw not one UFO, but hundreds if not thousands of them orbiting my head. :biggrin:

Just kidding guys. I would realy love to see one some time.

Edited by MannieB.

This is how I see it. I believe that somewhere out in the vastness of the universe there is other intelligent life. It seems mathematically improbable that there isn't.

However, I can't believe that another race of beings that is so advanced that it can visit our planet would spend it's time doing silly things like taking soil samples from Farmer Bills' cornfield or abducting Joe Random and testing his nose hair. I think there is life in outer space other than us, but I don't believe we have been "visited" by any other life form.

I believe that some phenomena can remain unexplained simply because we lack enough evidence/ scientific knowledge to make a definitive determination. That doesn't mean the explanation has to be supernatural; it just means we don't know. It's an Occam's Razor situation.

Guess we have the same idea asfar as aliens go.

I pretty sure there's life on another planet. But i don't think they're on earth.

Anyway, back to UFOs and frying pans :biggrin:

Saw a couple of strange things in the sky.

Five or six years ago, we were wandering in the woods with my uncle, it was in the winter, so the night had come pretty fast. We just sitted for a while in a clearing from were we can see pretty far, because it was on the high side of a valley. And then we saw four bright lights forming a diamong shape. There was no noise, notthing, and we could pretty well see the dark shape of an object behind it, necause the sky was not completely dark at that moment. And it looks like nothing I've seen before.

And three years ago, with a couple friends, we were chatting in the garden, it was well past midnight, and then we all saw a light crossing the sky, grewing brighter and brighter and then finally came out of or vision field. Could have been something entering the atmosphere, debris, things like this, I really don't know.

Edited by Corktip_14

ooohhhh man a subject I have had way too many experiences in. Know I have lived near an AF base and an airport almost my entire life and know what landing lights, navigation lights, and aircraft silhoutes look like. My first encounter is when I was 5 or six years old, I went to go outside and watch my father and our friend Lincoln fix our car when all the neighborhood dogs started going nuts! They were barking, growling, snarling, and staring angrily towards the sky. Our Black Lab and our dauchsund were acting the same way and when we looked up into the sky we saw a long white cylindrical shaped object that was being pursued by two fighters, we could tell these were AF jets as the object itself was dead silent and in an instant the damn thing just shot off into the night at an out of this world speed and the fighters turned back. The Local AF base commander said that the object was nothing more than space debris, ha I will call bull on his explanation as well as every other citizen of rockhill South Carolina who saw the object. But it doesnt stop there yill this day I can still see strange objects every once in a while where I live on Oak Island, NC. One object I saw was when I was talking to a girl on the phone looking at the stars. As I was looking at the stars a green streak of light caught my eye, I didnt know what to make of it and didnt think I would see it again. But I was wrong a couple of seconds later I saw it againand was able to follow it with my eyes it was a boomerang shaped object emitting a green glow and trail, it made some outrageous changes in direction mostly sharp acute angles and shot off towards the ocean at an outstanding speed, I would guess probably 13,000 MPH.

*waves hand*

Those were not alien spacecraft.

That was swamp gas reflecting the light of the planet Venus.

Nothing unusual happened.

Move along.

UFO does technically mean just that "unidentified flying object"...so if you see it and do not know what it is, relatively speaking, it is an UFO

too bad the media has made it like you are Fox Mulder or something if you tell your friends you saw something "weird" out there, such is not the case.

I have seen plenty of weird things...usually wondering around Wal-Mart at 0300, but that is another tale...