Sign in to follow this  
tank03

Any home brewers out there?

I've been home brewing beer for many years now, but I just did my first mead. Can't wait to see how it tuns out.

Anyone else have any good recipes/stories they'd like to share?

I've been home brewing beer for many years now, but I just did my first mead. Can't wait to see how it tuns out.

Anyone else have any good recipes/stories they'd like to share?

Nobody brews their own???? You guys are missing out on one of life greatest pleasures.

Nobody brews their own???? You guys are missing out on one of life greatest pleasures.

I find greater pleasure in consumption rather then production. And I'm definitely not missing out there.

Used to homebrew, before the little chap came along. Now he's older, I've been thinking about getting back into it............... using a keg system, rather than bottling................. the ultimate pain.

Before I had to shut down production, I was producing some pretty decent ales (helps to grow hops).

I also used to be an avid homebrewer and am looking forward to getting back to it at some point - I even have a couple of hops vines growing in the backyard in preparation for the day. My most memorable homebrew back in the day was sake, which took a bit of doing since the rice has to first be treated with koji enzyme to saccharify the rice before adding yeast for fermentation. Surprisingly, it was recognizable as sake but tasted more than a little rough!

Used to homebrew, before the little chap came along. Now he's older, I've been thinking about getting back into it............... using a keg system, rather than bottling................. the ultimate pain.

Before I had to shut down production, I was producing some pretty decent ales (helps to grow hops).

Yeah, I've moved from bottles to growlers. It's so much work to bottle individual bottles, when you just know that you are never going to open just one. The move to 1/2 gallon growlers has made things much easier and less time involved.

I find greater pleasure in consumption rather then production. And I'm definitely not missing out there.

The great thing about homebrewing is the consumption DURING production. The best of both worlds.

I have been home brewing for a couple of years. I even have tried malting my own with mixed success. My friend has a farm where I get the barley from- and some hops.(his mother is old world German- they grow everything themselves!) I have made some good brews, but the first were horrible- the pigs loved it though!

Recently, I don't have time. If I ever build my financial empire, I'll set up a few breweries :grin: