Sign in to follow this  
Julhelm

Vigilante updated

I've uploaded the latest version of the A vigi featuring a few tweaks, most important of which is correct physical size (it is no longer too large) and it has more skins.

I also went and uploaded the templates so you all can go crazy with different schemes for it.

Here's a couple shots of the new skins:

nwefvigi1.jpg

img00104.jpg

Because the nukes are generally fizzlers, I've set up the bay so that it can accept the normal "bomb" class as well, for those who use Lexx's nukes or wish to experiment on their own. One assumes that had the system actually worked properly IRL, it'd probably have been used for other purposes in addition to nukes.

Finally, here's a pic or two of what is coming soon:

img00109-1.jpg

img00098.jpg

img00113.jpg

i think the 1st one was nice , but this one very nice :biggrin: :biggrin:

Wonderful. It's great! Can't wait to see the next one (RA-5C?)

Absolutely beautiful!!! The Vigi holds a special place, imagine that baby as a missiler :diablo:

Great work, i only need made a campaing use this beautiful plane

Very nice work, Julhelm. Great job on this bird!

Julhelm, many thanks for this update on what was already a great model (V1.2). This is an incredibly fast big boy with a really bad attitude!

Julhelm>

Since you worked on the bird and seemingly did both versions, maybe you could answer a question for which I never found a satisfactory answer so far.

The first RA-5C screen you post lacks the leading edge extension of the last two screens, supposing it's not just because the first one was a model in progres s, it would be consistant with photos of RA-5C where most have it but a few lacks it, yet I never found why it's absent on some planes (my best guess is those missing it are the handful of converted A-5B), do you have any answer ?

Anyway, a huge thanks, a new, high-quality RA-5C on the horizon has me grinning like a madman.

Well, the RA-5C production was shut down then restarted and that later block are the ones to feature the LERX.

Beauty, eh?

The Big V is the only plane I can bomb in with without getting shot up.

Thanks a lot Julhelm, it's been, with the use of strobes (most literature suggests only one was used, while most photos contradict that by featuring one under each wing, which is a useless intellectual speculation since strobes weren't used much anyway), one of my idiotic questions about the Vigi, finding numerous conflicting answers depending on the author (here you would trust Greg Goebels and his sources IIRC).