Sign in to follow this  
DWCAce

Close Encounters of the Canadian Kind

So Saggy invited myself and the g/f to visit his ship when it made a call to Boston. I must say that it was pretty impressive... not like the tours you get on a museum ship. On an active ship you get to feel the atmosphere, and there was PLENTY of that. I'd have some good memories only if I was able to remember what the hell happened! I'll be posting some pics in the near future.

cool... exclusive tour of a Canuck Rowboat ...errrr ...Fishtrawler .... :grin:

plenty of Swordfish on board ... right? ...

Silly question but I am going to ask it, does the menu include a lot of fish when you are at sea?

I don't know, the only selection I made was Labatt Blue (they spelled it wrong on all the cans :) ) .

Guest Saganuay82

How was your morning? :) Glad I didn't have to go to work at 5 AM. Rolled ole Ace off the ship about 2215 with a 1.5 hr transit home.

Fish? Maybe twice a week, always on Fridays. The menu doesn't change from alongside to sea. Fridges are big enough to bring everything along.

As for MJ, I'll talk to you later on about Swordfish.

errr...... ok..... :ninja:

so ... ASE!!.. whats with the pics...

cool... exclusive tour of a Canuck Rowboat ...errrr ...Fishtrawler .... :grin:

plenty of Swordfish on board ... right? ...

Canoes actually... with a Chicken Cannon mounted on the Bow of the thing. All we can afford, really. But, hey... the crew wear really ultra fashionable high quality, pristine uniforms. :rofl:

How was your morning? :) Glad I didn't have to go to work at 5 AM. Rolled ole Ace off the ship about 2215 with a 1.5 hr transit home.

It was kind of rough. Luckily I was on floater once again, and I only had to do 2 planes, each required the use of the lift deck (an A-300 & A-320), so that made it easier. Right now I'm just standing (more like sitting on my ass) waiting for all of this snow. I hope to post the pics either tonight or tomorrow. Ok, back to hydrating and resting!

I don't know, the only selection I made was Labatt Blue (they spelled it wrong on all the cans :) ) .

wait...I am confused...how did that happen?

I had the same experience when Sags ship docked in our city. He is one hell of a tour guide. You see more than any tour can provide. With me it was the Green Cans and it was Country Sunday on the ship or in the lounge or bar or....where ever it was it was a good time!!!

sounds like a great trip!

this reminds me of an encounter between two ships tied up at the pier in what was for both of us, a foreign port. On one side, a US CV. Down the pier was a Canadian FF which invited a contingent to come over for cocktails.

The Canuks did all proud with a full honors for the visiting delegation from the Air Wing and Ship's Company for an evening of fun and frolick with liberal libation using the hangar deck, all decked out, and the wardroom.

At the end, all conceeded that the Canucks won that "round" (pun intended) with most of us crawling back along the pier to our own ship with a decidely amused and unsympathetic quarterdeck watch.

I am, to this day, still trying to figure out the physics of how the Canadian FF was able to get enough booze to FLOAT the ship INTO the ship and be able to serve it ........

:good::biggrin: :yes:

Edited by Typhoid

Guest Saganuay82

The physics are easy. Can it in metric vice imperial. LOL But I see you fell victem to the ominous Flight Deck Awning Party huh? LOL.

The physics are easy. Can it in metric vice imperial. LOL But I see you fell victem to the ominous Flight Deck Awning Party huh? LOL.

as I (vaguely) remember.....

ahh yess.. the pix...

VLS.. thats "Vertical Launching Swordfish".. right ? :grin:

hehe...

:ninja: