Sign in to follow this  
hgbn

Operation Tainted Cigar

Hi everyone!!

I have tryed to install OTC into both a clean vers of SF sp4 and Woe with the right pacthes, but every now and then, some ground targets wont show up, this is mostly when it is tents and enemy HQ buldings. that are primary objects, and I have to abort the mission as they cant be destroyed. otherwise this is a great mod. thumbs UP!!! :good: does anyone else had the problems like me or did I do something wrong???

Is this while playing single missions, or the campaign? If the campaign, how many missions into it are you?

I'm surprised you're getting tents as your mission objective.

Is this while playing single missions, or the campaign? If the campaign, how many missions into it are you?

I'm surprised you're getting tents as your mission objective.

It is in campaign, final half of the campaign around 1978 in normal length, just finnished it.

to be precise I think it started around mission number 28. I choose a USN campaign in an F-4. The only thing I did'nt do when I installed the mod in WOE was to change the terrain ini. as mentioned in the Readme, I tried at first, but everytime when I hit the end Mission Key the game shut down. both on the ground and in the air. Even tried to remap the key but with same result.

A couple of questions...

1. What is your Operating System?

2. In the file "install_path\Terrain\Cuba\CUBA.INI", tell me what the line "CatFile=...." says.

3. Do you start on the ground, and if so, are the runways there?

My machine is running in Vista, but I have it set to run WOE i XP servicepack 2 mode. I must admit I'm Starting near Target.. CatFile=..\Desert\Desert.cat But I have tried to change the line to CatFile=..\GermanyCE\GermanyCE.cat. But If I do so, I cant end the mission without the game crashes when I hit end Mission key, I have even tryed to copy the dessert folder from SF over, with same result...In pure desperation I took a long shot by leaving that ini as it was.

On a fresh install

I have just started from the ground and runway is where is surpose to be, but no buildings what so ever, If this helps

The Thirdwire series is not officially compatable with Vista. However, you can run on vista by removing the shader effects, as defined in this post:

http://forum.combatace.com/index.php?showtopic=19172&hl=

You don't have runways and targets, because your terrain is not finding a .cat file. Either make the change to the GermanyCE.cat, or copy the desert folder over from Strike Fighters.

If you make the fix described in the post above, this will fix your CTD on <esc> problem. The reason you're not seeing it now, is because without the .cat file, you're not getting the new shader effects anyways, regardless of what's defined in CUBA_DATA.INI.

Read through the Knowledge Base here at your leisure, there's much to learn.

Thanks!!!!!!! :ok: That helped me alot, I have never thougth on that, as the standard install work fine here by me in vista, must have been lucky it didnt chrashed before I intalled OTC. I have changed all as it should be and it works fine Now :good: Thanks again