Sign in to follow this  
ronan

what will i buy?

i am thinkin of buyin WoE or WoV but what is more beautiful?

maybe someone can help me with the choice

...but WOV comes with carriers.

Edited by Longestpants

yeah i thought that too

it's hard to choose

wov with Yankee air pirate stuff looks way better but witought it and their prety much equal

In my opinion, Vietnam is an interesting scenario, but Europe has a broader base for future campaigns and missions and more aircraft across a broader time period. When you get through loading all of the add-on aircraft really used in VietNam and realize that the bad guys only had three types of aircraft defending, it stuns you why the US lost the war. Correction, gave up and came home from the war. Going for the tie (Korea and Vietnam) or just quitting (Vietnam) is not really in the American concept except in political circles where compromise is the name of the game. Most of the rest of the planet are not aware enough of democracy to recognize that a compromise where people stop killing each other is a win. Then again, who am I? Just another addict to both WoV and WoE.

I think that i go for WoV

Yeah, I'd go with WOV first as it has carrier ops.

But WOE has NATO Fighters campaigns!

When you get through loading all of the add-on aircraft really used in VietNam and realize that the bad guys only had three types of aircraft defending, it stuns you why the US lost the war.

:blink:

Could it be that you don't know much about the Vietnam War?

Back on topic:

WOE may be the better choice with regard to available mods, but i still like WOV more. Also, it has carriers. :biggrin:

Edited by Gocad

Either one can be modded to play anyway you like.

i.e. you can add F-15s and A-10s to WOV and change the available years as well as adding European terrain user addons.

and you can add carriers and F-8s, A-6s, etc. to WOE as well as a Vietnam terrain user addon.

Buy one or the other and if you really enjoy the core engine, buy the other one as soon as you can afford it and enjoy the best of both worlds, perhaps even having a merged install.

You can't go wrong with either.

yeah i think there both fun

WoE longer timeline and WoV has carriers

mmmm.....

the WoV timeline can be extended with a simple text edit...

But like Streak said, it's just a matter of copying files/folder. I got WoV for the carriers (upon which I crash most spectaularly), and when WoE came out, just transfered the terrain over there. I haven't touched WoV in a looooong time.

Given the choice, based on available funds :wink: , start with WoV and then move up to WoE.

All the game are good! All are modable to the infinite!

Wrench

kevin stein

WOE!I had both the three games,woe with NF1,2 is superb!

Or like me and many other guys,I've installed all terrains,aircraft carriers and some missions in just one game!

Guest Saganuay82

Too much time debating it and not enough buying it. Buy, try and then decide. Decide after getting addicted to changing it into the game that you want it to be after learning the ins and outs of it. Decide after looking at the clock and wonder where the time went while I was modded and flyiing the new mods of the game.

- of course you could buy both...but I think you will tire of the "carrier ops" after like an hour...whereas WOE gets you into nato fighters 1 & 2 which are way cooler than WOV ever will/could be

- but that is my opinion and you essentially requested opinions

Just narrow it down to what you want to start with for your sim and then go from there. For me I want carrier ops and air combat, so I went with WOV. Also, keep in mind the newest patches for WOV take the code of the game up to the status of WOE, so basically your flying the same sim. But, if you want more advanced fighters and some more campaign, scenario stuff, go with WOE. They are both not very expensive, read reviews, look at screenshots, and get one! :type: PS. Dont be afraid of SOME mods that say they only work in WOE. Onced your patched, they should work in WOV. AKA, I am running the F-14 Stike Tomcat in WOV with no problems even though the readme says it wont do in WOV alone...

Edited by GunKill