Sign in to follow this  
AndrewZ

A new member

Hi everbody,

I am a new member, aged 42 years. I´ve been involded in military flight sims since the early 1980s.

I still flying with LOMAC. But here is my question:

I read everywhere "Flaming Cliffs".

What is that? A addon? I never heard of it. ( I am using the internet since March 2007)

Can anybody help to stop my confusion? Someone here who has the nerv to show a newbie (to this forum, not to flying) the good stuff?

Greetings,

Andrew

Can anybody help to stop my confusion? Someone here who has the nerv to show a newbie (to this forum, not to flying) the good stuff?

Feel free to hop on our Ventrilo server and ask all the questions you like. We'll help you. The link to our forums is underneath my sig pic, and the Ventrilo and server information has it's own section in our forums.

Hallo,

and thank you, Grooshkov for fast reply. :clapping:

And after just one day (my first) of online flying, i met you at ubi.com and remembered your name.

But there are not many servers. Do you always fly online via ubi.com? Are there online-leagues or challenges?

Maybe you can introduce me to online flying. I have been online racing with "GrandPrixLegends" racesim and here now with online-flying i saw the same s**t as on the racing servers. Someone taxing on the ground and shoot everybody with the gun. There are crazy people out there trying to do "funny" things.

But there is also the good things and the fun. When i shoot an AWACS Plane on one server i got a "good shot" chat message. Thats great.

Are there some rules for flying? A way how to behave? For example: Always taxi and takeoff with nav-lights on. Don´t shoot your team mates. (it happened to me: beeing shoot be a friendly unit, just for fun??) So what is the way to fly. Are there some unwritten rules?

My nickname flying online, by the way, is: "FUFFZich"

And thanks to ruggbutt for reply.

Bye...

ANDREW

Are there some rules for flying? A way how to behave? For example: Always taxi and takeoff with nav-lights on. Don´t shoot your team mates. (it happened to me: beeing shoot be a friendly unit, just for fun??) So what is the way to fly. Are there some unwritten rules?

The most important thing is know how to IFF. I went defensive from 5 missiles fired at me last night from a friendly F-15. The 5th one got me. The guy who shot me refused to respond to chat messages. If you screw up and shoot a friendly, apologize right away. Other rules, don't use the taxiway for takeoff. Check that someone isn't in the pattern before you taxi on to the runway, conversely check to see the runway is clear when you're in the pattern. CTRL+M is global chat, don't be afraid to use it. Say hi, ask questions if you don't know something.

Hi Andrew, c ya in hyper lobby sometime and hop on ventrilo anytime.