Sign in to follow this  
Priest

Resizing skins

Hello everyone

Just got Super Pro 9 up and running, because I have a Voodoo 3 card I have to resize all my skins. This I have done plus I have cut in half the other graphics (i.e. pilot) of the plane. The problem is is that the plane remains white, anyone have any ideas on this?

The last I remember, the skins were 512x512 BMPs. I was not aware of the resizing issue...but I've been outta it for awhile and SP9 may have changed some things.

I would make sure that all the files are appropriately named. In the process of renaming them, do you accidentally change it from a BMP to a JPG...that would do it.

Just a few thought...and a direction to start.

Fates

Hello Fates, yes Voodoo 3 cards can only handle textures of 256x256 anything higher than that and the card will bomb out. This is why most new games don't support Voodoo cards including LOMAC. Fortunately I solved my problem, I don't know what it started out as but saving the downsized skins in an 8 bit format solved the problem. I now have skins on my aircraft unfortunately this 8 bit format also washes out some of the colors of the skin. I will deal with this problem later..... man I am going to have to get a new graphics card. Thanks for your input Fates I appreciate the help.